10440 batteries in preon 1 mk3?

jhearn0620

Newly Enlightened
Hello, help,
I've owned every model of preon and each generation I've always used the 10440 rechargeable batteries in the p1. But I'm not sure how the circuits work to determine if it will work for the new preon p1 mk3 with the nichea 219c. Any info is appreciated

Also I'd like to know what is the difference in drivers and circuitry in the different generations. I'd like to build my own 10440 light with the nichea 219c emitter if I cant use it in my preon. But i dont knoe what driver to use or pcbs etc.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new Preon 1 can only run under 3 volts so you can not use 10440s in it.
You will let the smoke out.
This has nothing to do with the emitter and there are plenty of 219c lights that can use 3.7v Lithium Cells,it is just how the driver for a specific light is designed.

Hello, help,
I've owned every model of preon and each generation I've always used the 10440 rechargeable batteries in the p1. But I'm not sure how the circuits work to determine if it will work for the new preon p1 mk3 with the nichea 219c. Any info is appreciated

Also I'd like to know what is the difference in drivers and circuitry in the different generations. I'd like to build my own 10440 light with the nichea 219c emitter if I cant use it in my preon. But i dont knoe what driver to use or pcbs etc.