Vapcell batteries any good for flashlights?

koziy

Newly Enlightened
As part of an order that included some other batteries, I recently got a Vapcell INR26650 4200mAh 32A battery instead of the Efest Purple 26650 4200mAh 35A battery that I ordered. Not sure if it was sent in error or on purpose (they are visually very similar, so maybe they are the same battery, just rebranded?). Is anyone familiar with these batteries? I almost never see them talked about here.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
As part of an order that included some other batteries, I recently got a Vapcell INR26650 4200mAh 32A battery instead of the Efest Purple 26650 4200mAh 35A battery that I ordered. Not sure if it was sent in error or on purpose (they are visually very similar, so maybe they are the same battery, just rebranded?). Is anyone familiar with these batteries? I almost never see them talked about here.

id guess them are false specs

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Efest and can vouch for them but have not purchased any Vapcell yet. I was slow and cautious getting into Lithium's and the early Efest had issues with counterfeiting(even issues with counterfeit "anticounterfeit stickers"... )I only mention this as now Efest has excellent anti counterfeiting technology and their cells have improved greatly too. Sorry I can't answer your question, but maybe this will bump this thread and others can answer for you....

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I know, Efest and Vapcell are both usually good rewrap brands, but sometimes exaggerate their current ratings.

When I have questions like this, I look up test data from HKJ or Mooch. HKJ has what I assume is your Efest cell, but the Vapcell 4200mAh battery he tested claims 45A, so is probably a different cell.

Mooch has a Vapcell test that looks likely to be the cell you have, and it looks like 32A is in the right ballpark for a safe continuous discharge rating:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/bench-test-results-vapcell-32a-4200mah-26650%E2%80%A6same-as-good-performing-aspire-golisi-ijoy.846691/

His conclusion from testing the 35A Efest is its rating is exaggerated, with results similar to HKJ's test:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/t...esults-just-a-23a-battery-but-4300mah.747579/

I dislike vendors substituting products without getting the customer approval first, but in this case, you may have gotten a better product for high drain applications.

Last edited:

grayjay70

Newly Enlightened
Low battery resistance and the ability to generate high sustained current levels (32A) typically comes with the inherent trade-off of a lower total amp-hour capacity from a similar size battery with a lower current level. Unless you have a flashlight that actually can use the (massive) current draw of 32A , then you are giving up run-time by using a high current battery instead of a battery with more moderate current rating that is optimized for a higher amp-hour capacity.