I guess the joke's on me!

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere between here and 'them' I got into a thread on replacing plastic lenses with glass. I already know I can get glass lenses for my G2s at Lumens Factory. I asked them about using a G2 lens in a 6P, but no go. Mark did point me to a place that was selling the thicker lenses for the 6P. So I ordered a couple, and they came today. So I get you my trusty bezel wrench and pull the bezel ring, and pop the 'glass' lens out of my 6P. Argh! That'll teach me to look first.

I really can't believe how thick a 6P lens is. 2.85mm doesn't sound all that thick until you actually look at it and hold it in your hand. One thing is for sure, there ain't nothing except maybe a bullet that is going to get through that lens.

Just for my info, did the 6P come with a glass lens originally?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Somewhere between here and 'them' I got into a thread on replacing plastic lenses with glass. I already know I can get glass lenses for my G2s at Lumens Factory. I asked them about using a G2 lens in a 6P, but no go. Mark did point me to a place that was selling the thicker lenses for the 6P. So I ordered a couple, and they came today. So I get you my trusty bezel wrench and pull the bezel ring, and pop the 'glass' lens out of my 6P. Argh! That'll teach me to look first.

I really can't believe how thick a 6P lens is. 2.85mm doesn't sound all that thick until you actually look at it and hold it in your hand. One thing is for sure, there ain't nothing except maybe a bullet that is going to get through that lens.

Just for my info, did the 6P come with a glass lens originally?

Holy crap! Just took apart an old 6p head and saw how thick the glass is! Never knew it was that thick.

Last edited:

nimdabew

Enlightened
I cracked one of them by dropping on the floor by about 4". It pissed me off something fierce.

nimdabew

Enlightened
EDCPlus.com

I know. I am working up the courage to buy a bunch of stuff from them. I know if I go there for one thing, I will come back with a gigantic cart full of stuff. I am like a kid in a candy store sometimes.

Latest posts