Hello from Rhode Island!

Iceman117

Newly Enlightened
Hello fellow flashaholics! A couple years back I bought an Eagletac P200LC2 after a failed Pelican 2350. The Pelican was nice for about a year at a time then it would fail. After the second time and customer service not wanting to talk to me I made the switch. The P200 with its rotary adjustments and claimed 1180 lumens was amazing for a couple years until I brought it to Hawaii and used it underwater with a split switch cover I didn’t notice. I didn’t troubleshoot it much and ended up buying a Fenix UC35 in hopes I would love that as well.... I didn’t 😢. I finally troubleshot my p200 and found it was just a little oxidized from the salt water intrusion so cleaned it up and carried that again until I must’ve dropped it in the mall somewhere 😭. I am now carrying my UC35 again and wholeheartedly miss the rotary adjustments of my P200. I will most likely buy another but is there a resource I can use to find just rotary adjustable lights? Any suggestions would be much appreciated too!

And for the username, my father once owned an ice company and as a kid growing up and working for him I figured that would be an awesome e-mail/username for everything. Little did I realize as a kid that Top Gun was the first thing on everyone’s mind when reading it haha so please refrain from the Val Kilmer jokes 😉. Currently I work at the MBTA as a mechanic so still almost as cool haha.

This forum seems like a wealth of knowledge that I hope to tap into and maybe even add some of my own. 🍻

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello and welcome! IDK that this is the best place for requests (not guaranteed traffic for such) but anyways...

Parametrek.com is a great site for narrowing options down, but I would advise that I'm not sure that the Eagletac's switch would be called a true "rotary", I think it's more commonly referred to as a "twisty."

The 117 is a Halo reference no doubt?

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jet beam has just re introduced the RRT01 that is a rotary controlled output. The Other light that comes to mind is HDS rotary controlled output.
Nite eye used to make some as well. I'm not sure they are still available.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
The OP's post is more than just a hello thread, and has good content. Moving it to General Flashlight Discussion.

Bill

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yes welcome aboard. I'm in upstate ny so I feel your pain in the cold weather