JW Speaker Model 9800

Sadden

Enlightened
I am on the market for some auxillairly lights for my pete. The JW Speaker lamps are obviously strong contenders. But only the heated lense models.

I am looking for an aux high and lowbeam. Having it all in one package would be nice.

The 5x7" and 7" circular models are nice but have the added expense and hassle of acquiring bucket mounts that fit.

The model 9800 however is everything in one lamp with a built in mount.

It is marketed for use on snow plows. But i have heavy snow and whiteout conditions too deal with.. (Living in Northern Alberta)

Will the 9800 be safe and effective as an aux lowbeam at highway speeds?

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Yes, those will do what you want. You'd want to get the ECE version, that is JW Speaker number 0552423. They're legal throughout Canada, and they'll do better for you in the whiteout conditions.

Sadden

Enlightened
Thank you. I shall see if i can source them locally.

Any online vendors worth checking out?

Sadden

Enlightened
So the local vedor quoted me 793$ each. But i gave her the p/n for the two lamp kit.

Edit: Turns out the lady was confused. Its 800 for the two lamp kit virgil suggested.

Consulting with the boss.. If he buys me a set the other 100 trucks in our fleet will all want em too..

I think the guys with kenworths will be fine without (they all get heated 8800s highs and lows)

But we could do just peterbult guys, maybe 30ish trucks....

Last edited: