d cell rechargeable batteries

pumaguy

Newly Enlightened
hi guys! am from Australia. have just purchased a Fenix tk70. what are best rechargeable D cells available in Australia?

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use Tenergy Centuras and Soshine NiMH D's in my Mag ML300, don't now if you can get them in Australia.

I have had a very high failure rate with Tenergy's I bought on Amazon. Counterfeit? About 30% died within a couple years. Maybe used twice during those year. Fully recharged each time. Sound right?

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had a very high failure rate with Tenergy's I bought on Amazon. Counterfeit? About 30% died within a couple years. Maybe used twice during those year. Fully recharged each time. Sound right?

Hmm... not sure, but all the Tenergy cells I've used have been great. I have two sets of 3 of the Tenergy LSD NiMh D Cells for my Streamlight Siege lantern and for a Husky TK70 knock-off type light I have too that I got at Home Depot (USA). They don't have quite as high a capacity, but I'd definitely get them over the non LSD (low self discharge) NiMh cells from Tenergy. Unless you're going to recharge them daily.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of people would tell you to get a four AA to D adapter and use NiMH AAs in it. Make sure you get a parallel one and not a serial one, since both types are out there.

Can 3 sets of 4 AA NiMh batts in parallel deliver the amps needed to the TK70 compared to 3 D NiMh? Or potentially actually be dangerous? 12 AAs in there does increase the chances of problems I'd assume even though NiMh is quite safe overall.

Edit: Nevermind that would be 16(!) NiMh if you use those 4 cell adapters. Forgot the TK70 uses 4 D batteries.

Last edited: