New member-light question

RSLSCKBEKLSHKL

Newly Enlightened
I usually carry a Streamlight 2L-X. It's a nice size and I like the light fine. It always works. I'm also a Surefire fan. I like lights to be simple and rugged and about 5"-5.75" Long. I do have a small Malkoff MDC as well. It's too small (only because I'm not into small edc items).

I guess for no other real reason but I want something new, I'm looking at lights. I was looking for a light to do double duty: defensive and utility, as I use a light a lot at work (attics/fishing wires in walls/basements etc). I also wanted to increase lumens just because. My highest current lumens is 500.

I had had a few lights and scenarios I was looking at.

One light solution;

Surefire EDCl2-T
Surefire E2D Sefender Ultra 1000
Streamlight HL-X
Malkoff M61HOT MD2 with Hi/low rotary (does it come with a clip?)

2 light solution;

Malkoff MDC Bodyguard V2 18650 paired with a Streamlight Micro USB or my little malkoff in coin pocket

i do like the lens up option of the surefire but I'd go either way

id like to keep my choices reliable/rugged and very simple.

Thank you

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff M61HOT MD2 with Hi/low rotary (does it come with a clip?)

:welcome:

I will let the experts guide you, but I wanted to chime in and say that the Malkoff M61HOT does not come with a pocket clip. It is, however, compatible with many popular clips, like the Ti clip from Dark Sucks or the standard clip from Malkoff. In my opinion, the pocket clip on an MD2 is a bit awkward, though, because it results in very shallow pocket carry.

RSLSCKBEKLSHKL

Newly Enlightened
It says wild cat and hound dog for compatibility with malkoff. Am I looking at the right dark sucks clip?

Besides the clip id love to know more opinions from others on all of my questions.

RSLSCKBEKLSHKL

Newly Enlightened
Couldn't tell which clip fit from Dark Sucks. I'll write them. Also, does the clip on the Bodyguard V2 have the same issue?

RSLSCKBEKLSHKL

Newly Enlightened
Never mind. I bought the Bodyguard V2 with shrouded clicky, 2 18650 and a charger.