zrbralight h604 issue, help

look171

Newly Enlightened
I am not a heavy user at all, and favor my their AA headlamp 90% of the time. My kid needed a headlamp for his science camp up in the mountain next week. I discovered my H604 will not go full power a couple months ago but it will cycle through all three modes. The highest mode is at best around 150-200 lumens . Tried to contact zebralight some time ago, but have gotten absolutely no responds. I like to get it fixed or simply get another if it can't be repair. I must have no more then 8-10 hours of use out of it. Any thoughts? Anyother way to get their attention so they can advice me what to do with this light?

MX421

Enlightened
I was using my H604c and H600Fc together while laying some tile. I changed the batteries a couple times with mortar on my gloves (should have taken them off when changing the battery) and got some mortar on the threads and somehow inside the tailcap and my light would do the same thing and worse. When i switched the tailcap with my SC64 or another headlamp, the light worked fine so i narrowed it own to the tailcap. After briefly cleaning, I still had intermittent problems with the two "mortared" lights similar to what you described until i cleaned the tailcaps real good. Clean all the contacts in the tailcap and see if that works.

Last edited:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not a heavy user at all, and favor my their AA headlamp 90% of the time. My kid needed a headlamp for his science camp up in the mountain next week. I discovered my H604 will not go full power a couple months ago but it will cycle through all three modes. The highest mode is at best around 150-200 lumens . Tried to contact zebralight some time ago, but have gotten absolutely no responds. I like to get it fixed or simply get another if it can't be repair. I must have no more then 8-10 hours of use out of it. Any thoughts? Anyother way to get their attention so they can advice me what to do with this light?
As has been mentioned, do try cleaning all the electrical contact areas first (especially the ring down in the tailcap where the end of the battery tube makes contact, along with cleaning the end of the battery tube), but if you're still having issues, then by all means contact ZL.

There are two ways to do that on their website. First, you can go to the home page and look on the right side of the top, dark gray menu bar for "Contact Us", and fill out that form. You can also log in to your account, and at the bottom of your account page look for the "Add Request" button, then fill out a request for repair. This is the method I usually use, and I've always gotten a response within 48 hours, and sometimes within 5-6 hours.

ZL will typically fix any out of warranty ZL light for $15. You just ship it to them with a check for $15 and a description of what's wrong, and about 4-5 weeks later you will get the light shipped back to you fixed. Yes, it takes a while, because they usually ship the light to their China manufacturing facility for repair, but at least it's nice to know you can get it fixed.

Good luck : )

rain0395

Newly Enlightened
Have you solved the problem? My friends has met the similar problem with the zrbralight h604.

mobi

Newly Enlightened
I'm just wondering if this is a programming issue. Has mis-programming the light been excluded as a possible cause?

mobi

Newly Enlightened
I received the H600Fd MkIV today and it was acting erratically. It was possible to get it to shine, but that was only after randomly clicking it. Other behavior included just turning off on its own, or flashing for an instant, etc.

I contacted Zebralight. About an hour later they wrote back suggesting tightening the cap. That, along with this thread, lead me to believe that I had a continuity problem.

I noticed there was excessive silicone gel on the threads, which is probably good. But some of it found its way apparently into the cap, making an invisible barrier -- I'm going to guess -- to current flow. I wiped out the cap, and light seems to be ok now.

Being that I was on the verge of returning it, this is a real good outcome.