What to do with a 6 cell Maglite

thermal guy

Flashaholic
1717-FE72-33-C5-4-AFD-B8-E5-DCC6-BDC41300.jpg
Just Found this huge beast in an old bag of mine and wondered what I should do with it. Right now it's got some cheap Maglite Dropins in her. Any suggestions as to how to make it a real real long runtime kinda bright end of the world light. I'd like to stay with regular old D cells or AA in D adapter.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Malkoff dropin. $43.00, more if you want a LOP reflector from Kaidoman, a bit more if you want a new lens. Alkalines, 325 Malkoff lumens, will probably outlive the light...

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya Malkoff was my first thought.he make one that will run off 6 d cell alkaline?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Use it to play softball😁?

Lmao ya this thing is huge!!! Maybe I'll do the Malkoff Dropin crenellated bezel and Tungsten glass breaker in the tail and call it a day. Lol so long I'll probably have to make sling for it

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lmao ya this thing is huge!!! Maybe I'll do the Malkoff Dropin crenellated bezel and Tungsten glass breaker in the tail and call it a day. Lol so long I'll probably have to make sling for it
If you hold it by the tailcap you will get at least another 2 feet of throw😂.

That sounds like a good plan. We need pics of the finished product👍.

Last edited:

Rasher

Enlightened
I have a recent build like that, except uses the 5000lm Adventure Sport unit with switch/tail resistance bypasses, stupid output running on 6 NiMH (to keep the clubbing mass high - it can also be sleeved for 2x 26650 for lighter unit).

Very effective in its intended purpose, knuckleheads cross the street when they see it in hand...

thermal guy

Flashaholic
If you hold it by the tailcap you will get at least another 2 feet of throw😂.

That sounds like a good plan. We need pics of the finished product👍.

😂 LMAO 😂 2 more feet of throw! Good one

thermal guy

Flashaholic
That's nice. Putting that on the maybe list. Hey didn't someone make a Maglite head that fit p60 style drop ins? Omg got to search

Qship1996

Enlightened
If you took all those batteries out of it,I could use it to store all my flashlights inside it.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
FM modded a D cell mag to run two 18650s in parallel and use a P60 drop in.

Ya that what I thought can't find the posts on it. If I could get that head and run say a Malkoff M61 or M61T with 6 D cells can you imagine the runtime I would get? D cells are like 5000mah. Only 1.5 volts though. Not sure how to compare it against say 18650/3400mah