Help me replace my beloved Thrunite T10T

itchyd

Newly Enlightened
I am a nursing student, and will be graduating in May. I lost my shiny Titanium Thrunite T10T and now I am scrambling to replace it. Currently using a Streamlight Microstream

1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?

____This will be mail-order or Online (location doesn't matter).

2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :)

Up to $200

3) Format:

____I want a flashlight (hand held/self contained).

4) Size:

____TINY - Every day carry (2-4 inches).

5) Emitter/Light source:

Probably LED but doesn't really matter as long as it's bright, and long lasting

6) Manufacturer:

I want to buy a light from a large/traditional manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box.
or
I would like a light from a specialty manufacturer (Possibly limited run/Custom). ***IF IT'S AVAILABLE AND READY TO SHIP NOW.***

7) What power source do you want to use?

Must be compatible with regular AA, but if it was brighter with 18XXX that would be a nice bonus option.

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is not a happy experience).

I want an adjustable light with at least 2 settings but complexity is a deal breaker. One beam should be capable of dilating a patient's eyes without hurting them (probably 30 or less lumens), and the other is the brighter the better (I have had to chase my dog with my light before). My thrutnite was very nice with 208, 13, or .15 lumens. The bright could have been brighter, and so could the firefly.

Not interested in burst or turbo modes.

9) Flood vs Throw: Flood covers an area, Throw reaches out to a distance.

I don't know what kind of flood I need, but short range would be more common than anything over 10 feet.

9a) Distance: How far away will you typically need to see with this light (check all that apply)
Less than 1 yard/meter (reading, other close work)
Less than 5 yards/meters (looking for something inside a dark shed/garage/basement)
5-20 yards/meters (check out a noise in the backyard)

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum continuous output).

Again runtime surely depends on mode. I'd like to be able to walk a trail with the light (10 feet?) for at least an hour.

11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase "you get what you pay for" is very accurate for flashlights.

Did I mention I'm also an EMT? This would be a last resort backup light for that as well so it definitely needs to be reliable. Think titanium and waterproof. I'm not really doing EMT work right now but who knows when I might volunteer.

12) Switch Size, Type, and location (choose all that apply):

I want a tail clicky, I would consider (less enthusiastically) a forward clicky...
NO TWISTIES I HATE TWISTIES

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.

I want 2 or 3 light levels. Complexity will hamper my ability to use this light in an urgent situation.

14)Material/Finish/Coating

Anodized Aluminum
or
Stainless steel
or
I much prefer... Titanium (durable and nearly as lightweight as aluminum, but can be moderately to significantly more expensive).

15) Water resistance

IPX7 or better

16) Storage conditions

In pocket every day all day.

17) Special Needs/extras: Is there anything else you want or need that hasn't been mentioned? Select any/all below.

Definitely needs a pocket/belt clip. My streamlight has a clip that doubles back and can be used to make the light into a hat brim headlamp that is a nice feature that I actually use pretty often. Because of how I carry the light (clipped to my wallet) the clip has to be very close to the end of the light if that makes sense.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a retired Flight Nurse, I love the Four Sevens Preon 1 & 2. The new MK III Release by Prometheus is awesome. You can program it for exactly what you need. If you want a twisty instead of a clicky, Surefire Titan B has 3 modes, 300 Lumen high and Surefire dependability. The Prometheus Light Beta QR V2 is another excellent choice. All three fit in your budget....but I always carry 2-3 lights.

Last edited: