Wife misplaced her fl, keeps taking my FourSevens Mini MA. I need a new light.

elvasked

Newly Enlightened
I have practically no knowledge of flashlights. Several years ago I read this forum for ideas and bought a couple of Four Sevens mini MA lights and one Quark Pro QP2A-X. I've been very happy with those and since I'm a casual user stopped following the world of flashlights.

My wife misplaced her Mini MA and constantly "borrows" mine so I'm in the market for a new light.

I like the Low, Medium, High range of the Mini MA.

I charge AA Eneloops with an AccuPower IQ-328 and want to stay with that size.

I'm looking for a single AA edc to replace the lost Mini MA, preferably below $25. I'm not sure if I have a preference for a clip, a tail switch vs twisty or other options. I'm just looking for a reliable, inexpensive AA.

I'm overwhelmed by the search results here so any recommendations are appreciated.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix e12 is a small, simple AA with Low (8L), Medium (50L), and High (130L). Has a tail switch but still tail stands just fine. It's a bit above your price range (I think I paid about $27 for mine).

Another light to consider would be the Lumintop Tool AA. I don't have one so I don't know the details, but it gets lots of recommendations from folks here on the forum.

Hope you find something you love!

--flatline

Last edited:

elvasked

Newly Enlightened
I'm adding the D.Q.G. Tiny AA to the list, 3-mode, 160 lm. It has a plastic lens and I'm unsure how that holds up without getting scratched.

also the JETBeam JET-I MK 3 mode, 480 lm looks like a contender.

elvasked

Newly Enlightened
I'd forgotten how much fun I have reading about flashlights.

I know it's not permitted to link to sales sites but does anyone have opinions about buying from Fasttech in Hong Kong.

I'm finding slightly better prices there than Amazon or Ebay.