Need a New EDC

seatown7

Newly Enlightened
Greetings,

I've been off forum for a bit and need a new EDC light. Ideally, I'd like a rechargeable, pocketable, bright *** light that's smaller than the Streamlight Strion I carry sometimes on my belt. I'd also like it to have a strike bezel.

Can you help me find my next light?

Thanks!

Bazar

Newly Enlightened
I carry the Acebeam L30 gen ii as a good 4k lumen, 2.5 hour or longer 1k lumen runtime (regulated flat) and a strong, good-glass-clearance steel strike bezel. it has better quality than previous Acebeam lights.
micro USB charging.

note it isnt throwy but has a very good strong spill and corrona and a somewhat defined spot for useable throw. 34,800 candela.

Edit:
It really depends on which strion you have this light is 6 1/4 inch long and 1 7/8th wide at bezel.
The 21700 battery it runs on is quite large. It accepts 18650 at nearly full output and cr123 at less output.

Last edited:

Nephron44

Enlightened
Pelican 7100. If that's too small, look at the other lights in their 7 series...awesome lights.

gregorytomlin

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought a Fenix PD25. And I really like it. Moreover, it comes with a mini-USB rechargeable battery that makes this light a great asset.

Bazar

Newly Enlightened
I carry the Acebeam L30 gen ii
How are you carrying that for EDC? Holster?

No I holster an X80GT, and I edc that too. But the L30 is head-down in my right side 8th pocket, for tactical/cargo pants and carpenter jeans. It isnt some 7 inch light, and is well worth the size for the overwhelming power advantage ( longer 1k lumen runtime than the Fireflies E07)

Lumen83

Enlightened
No I holster an X80GT, and I edc that too. But the L30 is head-down in my right side 8th pocket, for tactical/cargo pants and carpenter jeans. It isnt some 7 inch light, and is well worth the size for the overwhelming power advantage ( longer 1k lumen runtime than the Fireflies E07)

Which pocket is the 8th pocket? The one on the side of the leg? I wish I could find more carpenter pants these days. That side of the leg pocket was perfect for an EDC light and knife.

Keitho

Enlightened
Which pocket is the 8th pocket?
In my wardrobe, the only way I get 8 pants pockets is to wear two pairs of pants. So, my fashion-limited suburban ninja EDC light is limited to a pathetic little SC64 that doesn't even have a strike bezel, and takes 3 clicks to strobe someone to death. I swear, women don't mind that I only have 4 pants pockets and that my light is way less than 6", they're impressed with my potting and fully programmable modes!

Last edited:

Lumen83

Enlightened
In my wardrobe, the only way I get 8 pants pockets is to wear two pairs of pants. So, in my fashion-limited suburban ninja EDC light is limited to a pathetic little SC64 that doesn't even have a strike bezel, and takes 3 clicks to strobe someone to death. I swear, women don't mind that I only have 4 pants pockets and that my light is way less than 6", they're impressed with my potting and fully programmable modes!

I laughed at this. Very clever. Mine used to be around 6" with a very large head (surefire Kroma). But, nowadays I'm carrying the EDCL1-T which is a step down in size, but impresses the ladies none the less with its longer run time.