Power Bank & Wall Charger Combination

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am just wondering what power bank and wall charger combinations are available these days from other manufacturers. I have a Scosche goBAT 6000, which works well, but I sort of like the idea of a high capacity one like the Anker PowerCore Fusion 10000. So, who else makes them, what price are they and what capacity do they have?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DDD6D8B/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have 2 Anker power banks.... I like them because newer ones can support Qualcomm (or Samsung) fast charging both being charged themselves and charging compatible devices which speeds up time considerably even a 3A rate can't match the 18W QC 3 fast charging.

IonicBond

Enlightened
I'm a pretty big Anker fan myself. Not just due to manufacturing / qc / quality of the components, but the "smart ports" that try to do their best when using the typical random selection of cabling one might use with it.

In years past, does anyone remember custom-making "charge only" cables and the like? What a pain. The Ankers took all the fun out of that. :)

The are also the ones that I recommend for solar-charging - they seem to recover from brownouts / shadowing properly (not always, but most of the time), and the smart port seems to ramp up when enough sun is available - rather than go into a locked-down low amperage mode forever after a brownout.

I haven't tested every combination of cabling / brownout conditions, but for the most part the Ankers are my choice for solar as well.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I'm a pretty big Anker fan myself. Not just due to manufacturing / qc / quality of the components, but the "smart ports" that try to do their best when using the typical random selection of cabling one might use with it.

In years past, does anyone remember custom-making "charge only" cables and the like? What a pain. The Ankers took all the fun out of that. :)

The are also the ones that I recommend for solar-charging - they seem to recover from brownouts / shadowing properly (not always, but most of the time), and the smart port seems to ramp up when enough sun is available - rather than go into a locked-down low amperage mode forever after a brownout.

I haven't tested every combination of cabling / brownout conditions, but for the most part the Ankers are my choice for solar as well.
The only thing I don't like about Anker is the cost of some things but I got them used. I almost have a few of their power banks and the favorite of mine is the Soundcore mini as it is pretty small and has an FM radio and sd card slot. You would think that Anker has a power bank model that has fast charging but the only things that support QC3 fast charging are some phones and very few power banks.
I use micro USB cables for my charging and oddly enough I've had cables from several sources and it is a hit/miss on if the cable will support fast charging. Ironically there are $10-$15 cables that don't support it but most of the cables I've tried from Dollar Tree, even the extension cables work perfectly even using an extension and a normal cable from there charges my phone fast. I picked up a pair of Blackweb QC3.0 wall chargers on clearance awhile back for $4 each with no cables that work great. I also picked up a $3 Ebay USB QC3 charging module and a pair of QC3 car 12v fast charging USB adapters for $10/2 off ebay.