ISO First custom torch

ohio72

Newly Enlightened
Beginning the hunt for my first custom torch and was looking for some insight hopefully from CPF. I've looked at Prometheus,BOSS,Okluma and Sinner. Is there any other brands I should take a look that I didn't list? This will be my EDC and wanting it to be full TI. Is there 1 I listed that stands above the others or are they all pretty much equal? Any pics or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Stoneking

Enlightened
BOSS would be at the top of the list, I'm my opinion, by a long shot.
ACME Thread, Optical Programming, Secondary LED and so many other features.
You can program it for an 18650 and have it alternately programmed for 2x18350. Two different programs switching between the two just by using one cell or two.
I have tortured my Aluminum version and it is still just as dependable as the first day I used it. Ironically enough, I'm not as rough on my titanium BOSS.
HDS Systems is definitely worth checking out as well.

At first I was thinking these questions need to be answered before making a suggestion.

What's your budget, and what are you looking for in a light?

But after reading this -

BOSS would be at the top of the list, I'm my opinion, by a long shot.
ACME Thread, Optical Programming, Secondary LED and so many other features.
You can program it for an 18650 and have it alternately programmed for 2x18350. Two different programs switching between the two just by using one cell or two.
I have tortured my Aluminum version and it is still just as dependable as the first day I used it. Ironically enough, I'm not as rough on my titanium BOSS.
HDS Systems is definitely worth checking out as well.

I decided the questions don't really matter. Regardless of whether ohio72 is going to use it for a down n dirty EDC or keep in upon a high shelf, the BOSS is a great choice.

~ Chance

SWE

Newly Enlightened

• Are you looking for a 18650 or 18350 sized torch?

I went with the BOSS as a first non-SureFire option and really like it. Optical programming, tons of output, works on both 18650 and 18350, and a really well milled and finished body.

The DC1 in comparison is a bit simplistic but a really nice form factor on it's own. More "no frills" and you can get a full titanium version for a bit less than a BOSS.

Of the ones you listed, the BOSS stands out with optical programming and both battery sizes compatibility.​