• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Copper Alpha

SG3

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
I've decided to put my copper Alpha up for sale.
I did some mods to it to get what I wanted out of it. I installed a Driver from Lexel based on the Texas ace drivers with a version of bistro firmware. I also bypassed the tail switch for a little more juice and to keep the tail switch from frying. I also machined a solid copper riser for a triple to be installed. The LEDs I went with are from virence. If memory serves that are Nichia 219b in 3000k 92cri and just beautiful color. Literally ruined all other LEDs for me because nothing else comes even close to these.
Looking for $600 for this light shipped and insured. Let me know if you have any more questions. PM me and I can send more detailed pics.
Not sure how to upload a pic from my phone so if you are interested just PM me and we can go from there.

Thanks!

qN0RyDF.jpg

6zgMKjq.jpg

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
That light is absurdly beautiful. Why oh why aren't these in any level of production? Wow. Just, wow.

SG3

Newly Enlightened
Thank you very much Chauncey Gardiner for the assist with the photos!!!

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
arrived safely...

I found the pics of it on archive.org on the old dark sucks site, when it was originally made for Daniel Z.

dz-bespoke-1.jpg

dz-bespoke-2.jpg

dz-bespoke-3.jpg

easilyled

Flashaholic
arrived safely...

I found the pics of it on archive.org on the old dark sucks site, when it was originally made for Daniel Z.

Yes, I commissioned it with that particular design and material. I particularly wanted the bands of knurling on copper. Also the ice-blue trits in the tail. Enjoy. Nice to see it appreciated. :)

SG3

Newly Enlightened
Shining that light up would always blow me away. I'm glad it's in good hands again!