Miboxer charger opinions?

tripplec

Enlightened
Various review on it that I have read. All favourable, have you read them?

I looked for a week on and off but they're too expensive on Amazon.ca (like $116 and more) Rip off sellers on Amazon. Other source almost $70 to my door. I'll wait for a better deal one day. Its one of the few newer chargers with at least 71mm slots which I need.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read the reviews..

I was torn between getting this or the Xtar Dragon VP4...but the near-$90 price of the Xtar was a little too much for me.

ven

Flashaholic
As a brand, seem ok. They came through on a warranty issue( bay springs snapped after about 8-10 months), sent a new charger. The c4-12 itself i think is pretty awesome. Super easy to use, no need to press a button, picks a suitable rate each time. Only weakness so far is the springs.
r8mypAgl.jpg

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its one of the few newer chargers with at least 71mm slots which I need.

71mm is only just barely long enough for unprotected non-button-top 21700's, and you'll likely have to pry them out.

I don't understand why new chargers don't have at least 75mm slots, preferably 80mm if the charger isn't concerned about size (like a 4-slot charger).

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amazon Prime shipping is awesome.

I just picked up my new Miboxer charger from my local Amazon locker.(12:00 PM PST on Feb.13,2019.)

I ordered it at 5:40 PM PST yesterday.(Feb.12,2019.)

Haven't hooked it up yet,but I'll do that later today.

grayjay70

Newly Enlightened
I got a "regular" Miboxer C4 several months ago that included feature to perform discharge capacity testing.
Apparently the newer single-button versions no longer include discharge testing, I would really miss that feature.

ven

Flashaholic
I don't know, the poles are a little different in design, but from what I can see, the springs look similar. Unless I open it up, I won't know 100%. Mine lasted best part of 10 months of daily use(several uses, every day). Easy fix tbh, either remaking old spring or fitting new.

Knowing what I know now, I would still not hesitate getting another. It is still a good charger, others may not have the issue like I have........I am not the gentlest either :whistle:

tripplec

Enlightened
Well I was charging a number of NiMH batteries today. Some just topping up as I wasn't aware if they'd run down or not. Nealy done finishing off a pair of HiCapacity AA Duracell running 1A charge and also AA Ennloop same 1A. Its on my desk by my computer and noticed the display came on bright on its own. I never seen this before. I looked thinking maybe on of the cells come FULL and alerting me. But no, the 2nd line down blanks out and 3rd some values lost (mAh field zero'd) and then comes back on to normal, and again within seconds, occurring a number of times. The display never goes off nor the charge bolt symbols of charging. Weird and now one has finished FULL showing the true mAH charge of 2265 in my case while the other battery of the same type zero'd and at 48mAH now at full. Total of 3 AA were in at one time. Previous batteries charged and taken out were AA LAUD, AAA LADD, AAA ennloop.

The charger is new not that old. I don't even use it once a month so its rarely used and this likely one of the longer sessions, other than LiION which I 've not done in months.

Now what....its the C4-12 w/temp display.

hammerjoe

Enlightened
Well I was charging a number of NiMH batteries today. Some just topping up as I wasn't aware if they'd run down or not. Nealy done finishing off a pair of HiCapacity AA Duracell running 1A charge and also AA Ennloop same 1A. Its on my desk by my computer and noticed the display came on bright on its own. I never seen this before. I looked thinking maybe on of the cells come FULL and alerting me. But no, the 2nd line down blanks out and 3rd some values lost (mAh field zero'd) and then comes back on to normal, and again within seconds, occurring a number of times. The display never goes off nor the charge bolt symbols of charging. Weird and now one has finished FULL showing the true mAH charge of 2265 in my case while the other battery of the same type zero'd and at 48mAH now at full. Total of 3 AA were in at one time. Previous batteries charged and taken out were AA LAUD, AAA LADD, AAA ennloop.

The charger is new not that old. I don't even use it once a month so its rarely used and this likely one of the longer sessions, other than LiION which I 've not done in months.

Thats what I have been saying, miboxer are garbage, they are ruining your batteries and you are not even aware.
Stay away.

tripplec

Enlightened
I have read a ton of reviews and discounted many. I did not want a USB port power input based charger, nor one that was less than 1A but had to be a 4 cell with good display.
This is I believe the 2nd generation of it and reviewed well some time ago. I had not heard of battery killing issue on it nor more although some over charge a bit, not this model.

Anyway, I am not sure whats going on. Also with most brands there are no OEM representation for warranty etc especially in Canada. Shipping in many case can be half the cost of the charger.

hammerjoe

Enlightened
I have read a ton of reviews and discounted many. I did not want a USB port power input based charger, nor one that was less than 1A but had to be a 4 cell with good display.
This is I believe the 2nd generation of it and reviewed well some time ago. I had not heard of battery killing issue on it nor more although some over charge a bit, not this model.

Anyway, I am not sure whats going on. Also with most brands there are no OEM representation for warranty etc especially in Canada. Shipping in many case can be half the cost of the charger.

I know, been there with three miboxer chargers. Still have the first one the c4upgrade but it didnt have temperature sensor and on the few times I used it to charge the batteries it got a AAA so hot that I could not touch it. Had to unplug it and wait a few minutes.
After that havent used it. Got then the new c4-12 and the first one was not chare the batteries properly. Got lucky and got a full refund from the seller.
After a few months decided to buy another c4-12 hoping that it would have a revision or two on its belt which it did. Again this one would get into a loop and stopped charging.
Had to sent it back to get my money back. Had to pay half of it in shipping costs but with the other half left from the refund bought the Vapcell S4+ and so far Im very happy with it and was able to finally put the miboxer nightmare behind.

tripplec

Enlightened
I'd read there were some clone models being sold. Mine came in a box and oem in all appearances as well as the charger back and markings. Thus far I've not had any overheating as I do finger test now and then. 40C is the highest I've seen the NiMH hit and was 1A rate. Normal 38 or 39C. I had an IQ-328 I believe and it roasted batteries and stopped using it.

ven

Flashaholic

Strange, I charge loops on my c4-12 fairly regular . Some AAA which tend to get a 0.3a rate chosen(fine with that even though I could manually adjust higher). The AA loops end up around once a week (use to be every couple of days when a lantern was in regular use). Never had an issue so far, they get warm as expected but not hot. It chooses 0.5a which I sometimes adjust to 1a manually.

I have had one AA Panasonic (iirc ) hiss and get super hot(vented). I think that was on the opus at the time .

tripplec

Enlightened
@VEN
Neither have I had an issue. The AUTO charge rate is poor setting the level sometimes hanging way too low for AA Ennloops etc I manually punch the rate up but that isn't an issue not the problem. My 2nd horizonal line of the display was blanking out going off and back on a number of times in a row. One at least and maybe two of the cells mAH charge level reset to zero in that but the first one (C1) did not. That is what I am saying and as above no overheating issues with this charger.