LED EDC high output running 18650

TikkaSikka

Newly Enlightened
My current Zebralight SC600ll L2 has an issue with the switch and/or driver.

This light nrmeeds to be able to moonlight .... very low.... through to blister paint when needed.

It is EDC and is used all the time but I hunt and this is to help reload or follow a path or find downed brown. Fkood is more useful to light a widecarea but if its hybrid and has some legs too then all the better.

All of my lighting solutions are geared around 18650 so commonality would be good.

I did find the SC600 would ONLY run with AW batteries which I thought a bit weird so less fussy would be good. As I rate AW it isnt a huge issue though.

Make & model and who to buy from would be helpful.

Thank you in anticipation of your contribution and suggestions

ven

Flashaholic
I would return the ZL for $15, then have a working back up for your new EDC light. ZL has the sc64 HI which is worth a look, also the sc600 HI is a good light(if not too big).

What budget, type of UI and beam type might help narrow down some suggestions.

TikkaSikka

Newly Enlightened
I would return the ZL for $15, then have a working back up for your new EDC light. ZL has the sc64 HI which is worth a look, also the sc600 HI is a good light(if not too big).

What budget, type of UI and beam type might help narrow down some suggestions.

Ok. $15 for repair is good but shipping to UK??? I have no idea...plus UK customs and couriers like to remove many £ from your pocket as their is so much "admin" in delivering a package just because its got off a plane.

I did stated flooder first but range would be a 2nd plus. LED with regulated driver if possible.

Budget....its an EDC but I buy the best I can afford.

I will check out ZLs current models. I dont mind their DUI as I know it inside out now but if it starts to fail its a proper PITA.
I sometimes lend the light to a fellow shooter if things are slow and I need a bit of a giggle whilst they press away getting every mode usually ending in strobe..

ven

Flashaholic
It was late last year when I returned anlight from UK. They told me to send Texas, which I did. Only for them to say they shipped it to China for repair. So when you contact them via their site, make sure you let them know it's getting shipped from UK if they ask to send Texas!

Expect up to 6 weeks, but it's worth it and they came through. I had no issue with customs, can't remener the value, but it's not a purchase, it's a repair and they are returning an already purchased light.

Check the Oveready BOSS 70 out, several options LED wise, 2ndry red or amber. Compact and up to 3500lm if feed it 2x18350 cells. On an 18650, expect 1700 ish(variable on LED choice). Program able to suit application on the fly(using mobile).