Sunwayman V10r+ Ti Pocket Clip Options

A-MAC

Enlightened
I saw the older thread but thought a new one night be in order.

What options are out there to replace the junky factory pocket clip on the V10r+ Ti I just picked up? The stock one is so flimsey I don't even want to carry it, it offers almost no retention.

I'd like it to bolt on the factory holes.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got one that was modified with a McGizmo clip, not sure who did the work but it's obviously possible

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
congrats on your awesome Ti Magnetic rotary!

The stock one... offers almost no retention.

if the heat treat is bad and it wont hold a set, then you need a new one, of some kind, or you need to figure out how to redo the heat treat, quench, and temper..

But, here is a thought, you could try this first...

screw it on downside up (clip blade not against the body, instead pointing away from the head, basically hanging in mid air, but screwed down to hold it stable), then bend the blade down towards a table, slightly, to increase the tension.. be careful, if you overdo it, and the heat treat is hard, you Can snap a clip that is properly hardened.

but if youre lucky, the clip was just tugged on too hard to hold it open at some point, and it got bent open a bit too far, and after you bend it back, it will be tight again.

let us know what happens..

Last edited:

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought some clips and then drilled and tapped suitable holes to secure the clips on a V11R and a Zebralight.

Because the bodies are aluminium it was fairly easy to drill and tap them, for accuracy I used a pillar drill, I don't know if titanium would be any more difficult to work with or not.

46410950374_5c57ed369a_c.jpg

Last edited: