Mating a SureFire Tactician with the latest E2D.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Okay, main reason for putting the two together would be to get a Tactician with a bezel-down carry clip. I've heard of guys trying to do it with older style E2E bodies with a 2-way clip swap. But the results more often times than not, don't work. You get low-mode ONLY.

Only successful results I've heard of that work consistently are either a bored out Oveready E2E SureFire body, or the body from the latest 1,000 lumens on high E2D Defender Ultra. (Obviously the latter will be easier to acquire.) But I'm curious if anyone has done such a swap with the Tactician head and tailcap mated to the E2D body. And if so, did it work?

Nephron44

Enlightened
I did it with my EDCL2-T. At first it didn't work, then I tried it again a different day, and it worked. Then I was curious and took it apart and did it again...didn't work. After about 8-10 times of taking it apart and putting it together, it worked exactly 50% of the time. Very weird behavior...one would think it should either work or not work!

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't believe bored out e2e body is a surest way to make tactician head work as it isn't the bore diameter that is causing the issue but the length of the thread. Tactician thread is a tad bit longer than the regular e1 or e2 body.

There has been threads trying to make two way clip work on tactician body and this might be the best way to approach it at the moment, unless Lumens factor produces regular e1 or e2 bodies with slightly longer threads to accommodate.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I did it with my EDCL2-T. At first it didn't work, then I tried it again a different day, and it worked. Then I was curious and took it apart and did it again...didn't work. After about 8-10 times of taking it apart and putting it together, it worked exactly 50% of the time. Very weird behavior...one would think it should either work or not work!

Must admit, that is weird. Thanks for letting me know your experience with that.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I don't believe bored out e2e body is a surest way to make tactician head work as it isn't the bore diameter that is causing the issue but the length of the thread. Tactician thread is a tad bit longer than the regular e1 or e2 body.

There has been threads trying to make two way clip work on tactician body and this might be the best way to approach it at the moment, unless Lumens factor produces regular e1 or e2 bodies with slightly longer threads to accommodate.

I'm not sure why the Oveready bored out E2E body worked reliably. Someone made a video about it on YouTube after having tried a couple of stock E2E bodies that didn't work. Just one of those odd things where you're not sure why something works, but it does. :shrug:

skillet

Enlightened
I made mine work by making sure there was no anodizing on the threads or contact flat.. worked on an E2D body and a couple of Aleph bodies

may have removed the oring well.. don't recall and I no longer the tactician to check

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I made mine work by making sure there was no anodizing on the threads or contact flat.. worked on an E2D body and a couple of Aleph bodies.

May have removed the o-ring well.. don't recall and I no longer have the tactician to check.

Sounds like that could be the secret why some E series bodies have worked, while others haven't. Thanks!

Latest posts