• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB (Borrow) RPM M6/KT4 bezel removal tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys!

I need help! [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]
Just got this KT4 head soaked in what looks like battery chemistry (see photo). There was evidence of chemical corrosion on M3 body also.
To prevent further damage i would need RPM tool to remove bezel ring in order to clean lens, reflector and rubber damper inside since outside this head looks perfect.

In case if someone can borrow this tool i would pay shipping both ways.

Many thanks CPF!
a938abb9e34c0f413f62bf66cd4efbc9.jpg
483c76bcea86e95b4e6853ad680f33c3.jpg

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
You don't need the tool, especially with the crenellated bezel.

Find a piece/sheet of rubber, maybe silicone or something sticky. Set it on granite counter top, or something that likes to stick to the rubber.

Two options:
- Heat the head with a heat gun
- Heat the head in a bag in boiling water

Either way, get it really, really warm right around the bezel threads. Now get it warmer. Finally, get it warmer than you think you need to.

Use some gloves push the crenelation tips down into the rubber and turn. It will come apart and it's not too hard. If it doesn't, you didn't get it warm enough.

Report back.

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let us know how you get on.
P

Yes, Heat is the key... you need so soften up the thread locking material.
I would gladly remove the bezel for you... but I realize shipping is the problem.
BTW, I don't even have a bezel tool my self to send you.

R-

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you guys for all the inputs. I wouldn't mind waiting for one to show up in few months or a year but the liquid inside of the head is eating the rubber and reflector finish so i need to act fast.
What's worse, i have some other stuff to take care of and limited time and material available over the weekend.
Let's keep fingers crossed that rubber pad + heat will do the work.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Need to bump and update. Didn't get a chance to open it using mentioned method, to much other priorities. Now i'm away so i can only hope that rubber won't be too much destroyed when i get home

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Just an idea take it with a grain of salt if you will but I have an old set of caliper that I use to take my lens retaining rings off with. Just use the ID end of them. Not sure if any of that made sense to you but it does work.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread can be closed...found the tool, bezel removed.
The only thing i could do is to clean reflector and rubber. Unfortunately chemical corosion started and finish is damaged. That part will be covered in some other thread.
Thank you all for your inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.