Guinea Pig Pocket Clip Victims Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guinea Pig Pocket Clip Victims Wanted... err, I mean... umm... would anyone like to buy and test the new clip at cost?

Looking for 14 victims...

Please read this carefully and follow the rules of this OP carefully. While I don't have the superpower to remove a post, I do have the superpower to create a new thread called "the Box of Shame" and move your post into it... just saying. Let us strive to not go there.

On to the meat.

As many know, I forcibly made Henry design a new style clip for the Universal Pocket Clip. Please see THIS thread for more info.

Picture of Henry designing new clip at gun point... Firearm has been photochopped out to keep me living free.
img-3062.jpg

After receiving the quote back from the company that would be making these, I initially wanted to just scrap the entire idea... I spoke with Henry about this today, and here is what we have come up with...

If 14 people are interested in getting one at cost and posting their impressions... everything from the good, the bad, to the ugly, we will have 15 made (need to keep one here).

This means a few things:
1. You would need to have a Universal Pocket Clip already or purchase one.
2. These are prototypes. There is a good likelihood that they may never go into production, and if this is the case, it could certainly become a collectors item (though this isn't the goal here).
3. You would have to give feedback on the design.

The cost would be $50 for just that extended clip.

If you want to do this, simply post "I'm in for the outrageously expensive extended clip" below.

Other posts or comments will be moved to "the Box of Shame" or simply post in this thread http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?455045-New-Style-Clip-for-the-Universal-Clip
to avoid "the Box".

Oh, and here is the quote. Names have been removed to protect the guilty.

screen-shot-2019-02-18-at-12-00-40.jpg

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Just to be clear, if one does not have a current Uni Clip, one would buy the existing clip and the new clip for a total of $107?

calypso699

Newly Enlightened
I'm in for the outrageously expensive extended clip. I'll need to buy a universal clip as well.

nbp

Flashaholic
Ahh shoot. Ok, I'm in for the outrageously expensive extended clip + a Uni clip to mount it on.

As much as I fuss over the clip options here I figure I have to put up or shut up.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in for the Outrageously Expensive Extended Clip. Please send me the deep pocket carry solution for my Executive. I will also need the universal base.

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like 12 so far, so 2 more victims to go. I haven't posted it on the Zuckerbook sight about this and don't intend to yet. It's a CPF thing.
Most likely, I can get Henry to do it with 12... and maybe I'll have to get one myself though I'm about as much a clip guy as I am into wearing braziers... but I'll keep an open mind.

Monday I'll have Henry post the hidden buy page and then I will send the link via PM to everyone who stated they want in on the clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.