Surefire V70 (holster) clip replacement

tucansam

Newly Enlightened
I apologize if there is a better forum for this, I could not find anything that looked appropriate other than the general forum.

I have a Surefire V70, the plastic belt-mounted light holder, and the internal metal clip that holds a light in place has broken. Surefire tech support said it was not warrantied, as this is generally considered wear and tear (I'm not complaining, I agree). The holsters are $30 on the jungle store, but Surefire said they'd send me a metal clip anyway just to see if I could replace it myself. So if I can get the thing installed, I'll have a spare, or I'll give it to a coworker.

So that's the question: has anyone replaced the metal clip inside a Surefire V70? I can't for the life of me figure out how. In fact, it almost looks like the damn plastic was molded around the clip when it was made.

Curious if anyone has ever done it.

Thanks.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I apologize if there is a better forum for this, I could not find anything that looked appropriate other than the general forum.

I have a Surefire V70, the plastic belt-mounted light holder, and the internal metal clip that holds a light in place has broken. Surefire tech support said it was not warrantied, as this is generally considered wear and tear (I'm not complaining, I agree). The holsters are $30 on the jungle store, but Surefire said they'd send me a metal clip anyway just to see if I could replace it myself. So if I can get the thing installed, I'll have a spare, or I'll give it to a coworker.

So that's the question: has anyone replaced the metal clip inside a Surefire V70? I can't for the life of me figure out how. In fact, it almost looks like the damn plastic was molded around the clip when it was made.

Curious if anyone has ever done it.

Thanks.

No...although it sure does seem like it.

Mine broke as well. Didn't know they had parts for it. I used some small pliers to remove the spring...it's just fixed under spring tension, no glue or anything. The top one should slide straight up out of the slot it is fixed into. Careful to avoid twisting it otherwise the top half-inch or so of the channel guides will break. That's what happened to mine but fortunately there is still plenty of materiel to make a clip fit and work.

Simple enough task but it does feel like you're gonna break everything while doing it, you won't...most likely.