Nitecore EC4GTS LEDs issues

Nitecoreuser

Newly Enlightened
i have some weird problem and questions here,

i just buy new flashlight (Nitecore EC4GTS) last week, like any customer when the package arrive at my place i open the box and check all the stuff if its complete or not. here is my package list
- 1 pcs Flashlight Nitecore EC4GTS
- 2 pcs 18650 Battery Nitecore NL1835 (3500 mAh & 3,6 Volt)
- 1 pcs battery charger Nitecore Newi2

i check the flashlight body, look at the LED thru the glass, open the battery chamber check inside (found a pack of sillica gel), put the lanyard on the flashlight
in the next minute i put the battery on the flashlight without charging first (because i believe it is precharging battery).
i try all the flashlight features (ultralow, low, mid, high, turbo, instan access to ultralow & turbo) i try for each mode about 5-6 second and then i try strobe , beacon, and SOS mode for 5-10 second for each mode, then lockout, unlock, location indicator, and power tips (wich show flashing twice - mean battery under 50% capacity), the flashlight getting warmer i think it is normal , the conclusion is all good

and then nightmare comes,
when i look at the LED once time the mysterious black dots come out, my heart's pounding and asking what is that ? here is the pictures http://prntscr.com/mngq8j
i try to light on the flashlight and suddenly smoke apears inside the LED chamber, im 100% sure something get burned inside, and i look at the LED once time the mysterious dots getting bigger, i take the battery off and contact the seller to claim my warranty.

here i post some updates about this issue

18 Feb 2019
seller receive my return package, and they say want to contact nitecore directly to asking about this issues (they need guarantees so that the factory is willing to exchange these items)

19 Feb 2019
the seller told me they willing to exchange the product but they got some information from the factory "the battery power is too large the circuit from the flashlight shouldn't go directly to turbo mode, need to wait a few minutes first" (i don't know what its mean -if its mean i should not using turbo mode before wait few minute, its is not what they showing on the manual nor the review video)

25 Feb 2019
Get a new unit form the seller, i did not know what happen next with the old flashlight, hopefully NITECORE team able to find the problem source and fix this issues for future.

i need expert who can explain if the reason why the LED get burned, im worried if i get replacement and this issues come again.

Last edited:
Hi,

We are sorry to hear that there is such a problem occurring to your NITECORE product. The TURBO mode of the EC4GTS with the output of 1,800 lumens can be accessed directly without waiting a few minutes first, when the product is provided with the sufficient power. All button-topped 18650 batteries including the NITECORE NL1835 are available for the EC4GTS.

Could you please send an email including the Serial Number of the product to [email protected]? We would be very glad to help you out with this and fulfill the warranty.

We appreciate your trust in NITECORE products as always.

Best regards,
The NITECORE Team

Nitecoreuser

Newly Enlightened
Hi NITECORE Team,
Thank you for replying my post, the broken product already return to the distributor on my country (Indonesia), i am quite sure the seller already contacting you guys, also emailing you about behind story of flashlight malfunction, including serial number. i already receive new item from the distributor. if that so you says about the battery then i am confident to using this battery anymore