Illumination Gear ...Dead?

LED_Power_Forums

Newly Enlightened
So I've placed an order on their website on 08 Feb and the item was in stock. That is more than 10 days ago. They have remain silent for long, so I've dropped a mail to them asking for the status 2 days ago on 18th. Till now on 20th there is still no reply from them. No update, no reply, nothing. It seems like they just took the money and keep quiet.

After reading some great feedback about them, it makes me wonder about their authenticity, though the good feedback were from year 2015 and before. I purchase using debit card by the way. Anyone has any experience with them recently?

ven

Flashaholic
Are you a first time customer? I have noticed they have a message ,they won't ship as they have been hit with fraudulent cards. Just a thought , might be worth trying to call them up instead of emailing to clarify.

Have used them a few times over the years, last time within a couple of months. Used Paypal iirc and no issue . They have been great tbh.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got 2 lights from them about 3 months ago without problems except for the shipping which took a week even though they're only a few states away

MostMenAreRuthless

Newly Enlightened
I have nothing but praises for Illumination Gear. I have purchased (2) lights from them in the last couple of weeks and both were shipped promptly without issue. The owner was responsive to several technical questions I had as well. I wonder if your email somehow made it into their "spam/junk" file?

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Illumn is still around and still good.

However, sometimes their communication isn't perfect. For example: a month ago I ordered some 21700 30T batteries from them.

No shipping notice for 3 weeks. I finally followed up via email. I got a response the next day explaining that they were backordered and their new shipment of 30Ts was arriving 2 days. The cells arrived fairly promptly after that.

EDIT: I was thinking of Illumn's old name "Illumination Supply". I have never dealt with Illumination Gear and am not familiar with their customer service.:eek:

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... I've dropped a mail to them asking for the status 2 days ago on 18th. Till now on 20th there is still no reply from them. No update, no reply, nothing....

And have you checked your own "spam/junk" folder ?

(should be obvious, I would think, but my response was directed to OP)

Yeah, I check it all the time. Why do you ask?

Because replies to eMails, particularly "commercial-type" correspondence, may end up filtered by overly sensitive spam detectors ?

Last edited:

LED_Power_Forums

Newly Enlightened
Holy cow! A day after I posted here they've finally replied my email! Turns out that due to the fraudulent issues with card purchase, they received no reply for days until the card is verified. Add to the fact that my email looks unusual to them since it was created by me with a "simply" mood long time ago which I don't intend to use it seriously but still end up using it frequently.

Anyway, they've sent out the item. Thank you all for the replies. :)

EDIT: I was thinking of Illumn's old name "Illumination Supply". I have never dealt with Illumination Gear and am not familiar with their customer service.:eek:

Ha ha ha, not this again. I've noticed this as well. Apparently there are 2 different web stores, with one being "Illumination Supply" (Illumn) and the other being "Illumination Gear". I've read on the other post that there were forumers mistaken this as well, thinking that Illumn was Illumination Gear. At first when I browsed back to find the item I was searching before on I Supply, I couldn't find it. So I googled back the specific item instead of searching on the web store and noticed the item I was searching before is on I Gear, not on I Supply. That's when I noticed the difference.

And have you checked your own "spam/junk" folder ?

Yep, whenever I couldn't find any reply in inbox, I will browse the spam section to make sure it doesn't slipped by, unnoticed.

Last edited:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang, bout gave me a heart attack. Illumination Gear is one of my favorite stores and have nothing but good things to say about them.

MatthewSB

Enlightened
Illumination Gear has been great to me.

I've bought several EAGTAC lights from them over the last year or so, fantastic service.