Putting Fenix Through Torture Tests

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
AxxIr9afVo-rkjlJ4MgqvCxpsr32WY4sXLfx55H2adbXHSVXwWzviGFb1DjBkYvRZu5sOoQ_cZlQbRexUtaLaZreghFqut9x91L7GtKmvhECfIJTgnv2v0-j0_DOsqDHRdJggJ0BEVqNrze27DPuKoKFZU7x1N8=s0-d-e1-ft

Just How Durable is a Fenix Light?

Well, just check out some of the "torture tests" on You Tube.

Can a Fenix Survive the Worst of the Worst?
The Ultimate TK35 Torture Test
Hydraulic Press Test?
Does It Pass the 1-Meter Drop Test?
Grilled Fenix, Anyone?
Let's Play Pitch
Boiled Fenix and It Keeps Working
TK15 Meets Lawnmower

OK, we don't recommend you put your Fenix light to a torture test. Most of us protect our lights like a newborn baby.

Why is There a 5 1/2-Year Warranty on Fenix Lights?

Based on these torture tests, you can see why Fenix has the confidence to offer customers a 5-year parts warranty (5 1/2 years if you register your product) and a lifetime service warranty. But just the fact Fenix offers such a strong warranty tells us that Fenix lights are built for the harshest conditions.

CUSTOMER TESTIMONY

"To show the toughness of the light I lost it out in the woods and didn't find it till a year later. And it still works wow! One tough light."
Sent by Jack S. of Kentucky

Last edited:

Johns957

Newly Enlightened
I was under the impression there is a limited lifetime warranty on Fenix lights. If purchased in the US, the warranty is done in the US. This kind of talk is what is confuses people about Fenix's warranty.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Please see THIS PAGE on the manufacturer's website.

Fenix Store has explained it also on THIS PAGE.

After the warranty period of 5 years on the named parts covered (5 1/2 years if you register your light), your light will continued to be repaired as long as we can get parts. There is a nominal charge for parts after the 5 (5 1/2) years. So the wording is "Limited Lifetime Warranty." Fenix Store is a Fenix Warranty and Repair Center. If we receive a light that isn't under warranty anymore and we don't have parts for the light, we are able to send it back to the factory and many times they are able to repair the electronics in the light (where the problem usually is). Fenix Store never charges labor.

Please understand, we do all we can to make sure your light continues to serve you for years. Our best advertisement are those customers still using their lights from 10 years ago--and there are MANY out there.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

Doesn’t their website indicate a lifetime warranty? If not, I need to rethink one of my recent purchases...

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Please see the replay we posted under Nephron44.

Ask us further questions that need clarification and we will answer. ALL FENIX PRODUCTS are covered under the MANUFACTURER'S warranty. The location where you send your light for repairs depends on the serial number on the light. There are USA Fenix distributors and international distributors. Each distributor is assigned a set of serial numbers. Each distributor is responsible for the repair of the serial numbers that belong to them. That keeps the repair work evenly divided throughout the world. That's what you are to keep in mind when you go to purchase your light. You should always know where your repair center will be if work is ever needed. If you are ever in question on where your repair center is for a light you have, you can complete THIS FORM and we will look your serial number up in the manufacturer's database.

Does this make sense? Just ask questions if needed.

I was under the impression there is a limited lifetime warranty on Fenix lights. If purchased in the US, the warranty is done in the US. This kind of talk is what is confuses people about Fenix's warranty.

Johns957

Newly Enlightened
Thank you Fenix light. We like our two Fenix lights. We have had them before Erma. They are perfect emergency tools for us during hurricane season and other times when light is needed.
I know they will function correctly when needed.
I never thought about registering them before. I found the numbers. I need a magnifying glass to read them !

in_dmand

Newly Enlightened
Fenix store, the link you posted to the manufacture's warranty explaining the 5 year part is no longer working... I can't find anything on their site specifying 5 years, can you advise?

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Fenix store, the link you posted to the manufacture's warranty explaining the 5 year part is no longer working... I can't find anything on their site specifying 5 years, can you advise?
Here is the Fenix Manufacturer warranty: https://www.fenixlight.com/service/index.php?id=10&bid=30
All Fenix sellers honor that warranty. Please read this CPF post to understand how to get warranty work done: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/important-information-concerning-fenix-products.420101/
So getting work done starts with the serial number on your light. We start helping you with the repair. Please complete this form, selecting the "Warranty/Service" option in the drop-down box. Once we get your serial number, we will let you know the next step in the repair. Let us know if you have any questions after this.

in_dmand

Newly Enlightened
Ahh thank you. I was looking here:

So fenixlighting.com is different from fenixlight.com. The 5 year thing isn't specified anywhere on the former.

Thanks for the reply