Fenix PD25 vs Klarus XT1C - Pocket Carry

WilliamMunny

Newly Enlightened
Fenix PD25 vs Klarus XT1C for in Pocket Carry.

The Fenix has better spaced power levels. Fenix (550lm, 150lm, 50lm, 5lm) vs Klarus (1000lm, 80lm, 5lm).

Klarus has a a much higher lumes (1000lm vs 550lm) and throw.

they are about the same size, run times, price.

Any thoughts on the two? Thanks.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix PD25 vs Klarus XT1C for in Pocket Carry.

The Fenix has better spaced power levels. Fenix (550lm, 150lm, 50lm, 5lm) vs Klarus (1000lm, 80lm, 5lm).

Klarus has a a much higher lumes (1000lm vs 550lm) and throw.

they are about the same size, run times, price.

Any thoughts on the two? Thanks.

I dunno...the claims by each company say you would get just a bit more run time from the Klarus on the included rechargeable cell. Though I'm sure it won't be 1000 lumens the whole time. One thing is that Fenix doesn't say which XP-L it is using so I would think that because of this and the fact that it is running at a max output of 550 lumens...it's probably the first generation XP-L. Nothing wrong with them using an older LED but it might factor into your choice.

I personally like the mode switching next to the tail switch like Klarus and Nitecore have, it really facilitates one-handed operation but the Klarus does seem to have rather limited lower outputs. Maybe in practice they will be more useful than it seems right now. I would see the 150 lm mode on the Fenix as being used instead of the max output to save on battery charge knowing you won't be able to recharge it any time soon when at work or out in the field.

Were I to be making the choice between these two I would struggle as well. I think ultimately it might be the UI on the Klarus that would sway my decision. Good luck!

WilliamMunny

Newly Enlightened
I dunno...the claims by each company say you would get just a bit more run time from the Klarus on the included rechargeable cell. Though I'm sure it won't be 1000 lumens the whole time. One thing is that Fenix doesn't say which XP-L it is using so I would think that because of this and the fact that it is running at a max output of 550 lumens...it's probably the first generation XP-L. Nothing wrong with them using an older LED but it might factor into your choice.

I personally like the mode switching next to the tail switch like Klarus and Nitecore have, it really facilitates one-handed operation but the Klarus does seem to have rather limited lower outputs. Maybe in practice they will be more useful than it seems right now. I would see the 150 lm mode on the Fenix as being used instead of the max output to save on battery charge knowing you won't be able to recharge it any time soon when at work or out in the field.

Were I to be making the choice between these two I would struggle as well. I think ultimately it might be the UI on the Klarus that would sway my decision. Good luck!

Thanks for the information. I went with the Klarus XT1C. The extra power, throw and two tail switches pushed me over the edge. I think the 80 lume Med will work fine. 120 - 150 would have been better but 80 will help with the run time.