• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB - Surefire combat rings (two flat rings, one flared ring)

rrego

Enlightened
Hello all, I'm looking to buy some Surefire combat rings for my Z3.

I need the two flat rings and the one flared ring.

Please let me know if you have a set to sell.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Good luck is all I can say rrego; the larger tapered rings basically never come up for sale, ever. I did get one by pleading with SF & being a little flexible w/ my facts. :-/
There are some black rubber grommets that can be an excellent substitute, they are perfectly-sized IMO; just not asymmetric like the SF main ring.

You just might have more luck w/ the smaller flat ones - Oveready had some for a while; half-width. Maybe try messaging them?
If you zoom in on the Z2 & G2Z in the pic below, you can just barely make out those.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynr7o2xbtr6q7ro/20180610_132633.jpg?dl=0

Last edited:

rrego

Enlightened
Thanks Kestrel, for the good wishes....:crackup: :banghead:

I tried the rings off of some SolarForce L2Ts that I have, but the flared ring is loose. I guess I can live with that for now. Maybe I can wrap some bicycle inner tube on the body and fit the SolarForce ring over that, so it has a tighter fit(?). We'll see.

I just though having OG rings would be way cooler and of course, keep it OG :thumbsup:

I don't know if it was your post that I saw a while back, where a grommet rubber ring was used for this purpose. I'll have to revisit that post.

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
That probably was my post & pic; I seem to recall posting a test pic of my Z2 with that rubber grommet standing in for the grip ring. Not the prettiest solution, but a perfect fit at least. No idea where that pic is, maybe somewhere in the main 'Z-series' thread created by Captain Spaulding. :thinking:

archimedes

Flashaholic

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Right on, thx Arch.

And a few posts down from that one, the smaller spacer rings from EG/OR; postings on these until #467 or so.

Last edited:

rrego

Enlightened
Thanks for locating the post archimedes! :thumbsup:

I've screen shot it and will be visiting my hardware store and see if I can try this.