Cheapest place to get legit Enloops?

Super Dave

Newly Enlightened
Friends,

I need to buy some enloops (AA and AAA) for work. I used to get them at Costco but they don't appear to stock them anymore.

Anybody got a tip on where I can get a good deal on these?

Thanks,
Dave

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thomas Distributing is where I get mine usually.
Always the real thing.

Super Dave

Newly Enlightened
Excellent thanks for the tips. Are the Amazon Basics relabeled Enloops? I assume these are the ones StarHalo suggested. I don't see any with a white top.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007B9NV8Q/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Also, could I please get a recommendation on a charger that will be easy for staff to use. I just need it for AA and AAA and something that hold more than 4 batteries...maybe 8 batteries...and not too expensive.

Thank you very much.
David

StarHalo

Flashaholic

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent thanks for the tips. Are the Amazon Basics relabeled Enloops? I assume these are the ones StarHalo suggested. I don't see any with a white top.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007B9NV8Q/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Also, could I please get a recommendation on a charger that will be easy for staff to use. I just need it for AA and AAA and something that hold more than 4 batteries...maybe 8 batteries...and not too expensive.

Thank you very much.
David
Heads up: according to the customer reviews those batteries ceased to be rebranded Eneloops years ago. If you want actual Eneloops, which I imagine you do since you titled the thread "legit", I would recommend buying actual Eneloops. It's very common for rebrands to change what cell they're wrapping.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Yes, performance differences and other issues have been discussed at length here on CPF ...

Well I want my time back after reading all that, but you did say "discussed" and nothing about conclusions..

TL;DR - If you used specialized lab equipment to test batteries, you may notice a slight difference between some specific batches of Amazons and some specific batches of Eneloops, either of which may or may not be available. If you just need some decent rechargeable batteries, they're fine.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Newegg runs some pretty good sales on Fujitsu "Fujiloops" (Fujitsu makes Eneloops for Panasonic) from time to time. Right now they have have 4 packs of 2000mAh/2100 cycle AA Fujiloops for $9.35 with free shipping.

Berneck1

Enlightened
I just buy Eneloops on Amazon. I always make sure it says "Sold and shipped by Amazon". I don't trust that other sellers have fresh stock. I don't go crazy looking for deals. Sure, they're a little more expensive, but if you're using them regularly they pay for themselves very quickly.

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just buy Eneloops on Amazon. I always make sure it says "Sold and shipped by Amazon". I don't trust that other sellers have fresh stock. I don't go crazy looking for deals. Sure, they're a little more expensive, but if you're using them regularly they pay for themselves very quickly.

This is my advice, too. Eneloops are more than worth their premium price to me when I consider their longevity, consistency and performance.

john1230

Newly Enlightened

Sold and shipped by Amazon don't mean anything anymore for me, as I bought 2 Samsung USB chargers from Amazon and they both had the same serial numbers on them. It seems Amazon buys it's stock from Alibaba as I found the same charger with the same serial number offered on there. So "Sold and shipped by Amazon" dose not equate genuine.

Disclaimer: I have nothing against Amazon this is just what I experienced when buying Smasung USB charger from them, one bad experience does not mean everything is not sourced from the manufacturer/maker. It has just left me questioning the validity of the product they sell.