Biolite HeadLamp 330 is it good

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the focus on the balance and low weight. I also like the idea of performance fabrics to help keep it comfortable on your head. Not too sure about the inability to change out the batteries. If you're one of the types to bring a solar panel or a charge pack with you when you go into the backcountry, then this could work. However, in the off chance that the power source stops working, you're under cloud cover all day, or you just simply forget to charge up your headlamp, then you can potentially be out of a light source at the most inconvenient time.

sygyzy

Enlightened
I have the first release and IMO it's one of the best headlamps I own. I have plenty of others including ones from Black Diamond, Petzl, Ledlenser, Zebralight, etc and I think the Biolite is the best bang for your buck light. It's really comfortable, balanced due to the battery pack being separated, has plenty of modes, has a red light for map reading or night movements, easy to use user interface, tilt, and microUSB rechargeability. I am getting the new 330 soon so I'll report the differences back, if any. Supposedly they did some fixes and improvements.