Celebrate the success of the 91st Oscar

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
Have any of your favorite films won any awards?

LELKVW3.png
[/IMG]

Attachments

• 9F6B13F2-99C2-4749-BA1D-2265D91B3BE3.jpg
    9F6B13F2-99C2-4749-BA1D-2265D91B3BE3.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
IDK about anyone else here, but I cannot stand these events. It's just one big Hollywood circle-jerk patting themselves on the back for their arduous lifestyles, pretending that the things they do represent something greater. TBH I'd rather watch batteries charge.

If they actually awarded talent and artistry, it would be interesting, but I don't think it's actually been about the quality of work for decades.

Until they retroactively award The Fifth Element for Best Picture, with Chris Tucker as Best Supporting Actress, I have no interest.

Henk4U2

Enlightened
I largely agree with previous posts. It looks to be a complicated old boys system (let's see, who's next). Most of these films don't run very long in our theaters. The Best Foreign Language Films are not (eh.. less) made by the old boys. The real quality of those films is better (IMHO). My all time favorite is Rashomon, by Akira Kurosawa. I have seen it dozens of times, and every time I see something new.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rich (edited out word) getting awards.
No thanks

Totally agree :) The time of movie art has passed away years ago. Now it is a gay parade equivalent — fussy, empty, deceitful, and senseless. And, finally, politically engaged.

Last edited: