• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

EagTac D3Avn - IMR14500 Pocket Rocket R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Recently added LED copper MCPCB direct solder bond to brass pill and new beam tuning tweaks to up from the original 800L, 18Kcd to 950L and 25Kcd. Very tight hot spot with excellent heat sinking .Now it's an R.

Nice work Vinh! Will this be offered in W1 as well? Should we now expect 30-32k lux from a W1 based on these updated W2 specs?

Also, what makes this a better thrower than the Klarus Mi7? Same in appearance really, same battery, etc. But you say the Mi7 has a soft hotspot while this D3Avn has a narrow throwy one? Does the D3A have a much deeper reflector?

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Nice work Vinh! Will this be offered in W1 as well? Should we now expect 30-32k lux from a W1 based on these updated W2 specs?

Smaller reflector than D25Cvn so I guess W2 with higher output and larger hot spot is more suitable in this one. I remember doing a W1 in this one and it was good but I preferred W2. But of course anyone can order any LED they want. Other LEDs are much cheaper than the Ws as they are much easier to build.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a stock light, you can beat the D25A clicky. It's been my edc for years now. Small, bright, awesome UI and my fav... a tail switch! I have this newer stock model and all I can say is that Vinhs version has got to be just awesome! Glad to see you're moding this one Vinh! 👍🏼

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
As a stock light, you can beat the D25A clicky. It's been my edc for years now. Small, bright, awesome UI and my fav... a tail switch! I have this newer stock model and all I can say is that Vinhs version has got to be just awesome! Glad to see you're moding this one Vinh! 

I have not carried this light as I am not fan of AA/IMR14500 but W2 is so excellent in this light. I imagine just a LED swapped to be used with the stock Driver will make many AA user very happy.

Latest posts