Foursevens Preon P2 Died...help

dolfan87

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I am new to the forums (and I hope I picked the right area to post this) but I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have an older Foursevens Preon P2 (smooth body) that I have every day carried for several years. I know it's probably out of date, but I am attached to the old girl and unfortunately it went through the washer and dryer and no longer works. I have gone through the light making sure it wasn't just a poor connection, but I am fairly certain the head took a pounding and gave it up. I have looked for a replacement head online and can't seem to find anything. Can the broken one be repaired? Is there someone on these forums who could do that?

Thanks in advance

HKJ

Flashaholic
A new driver and led may fix it, but first I would try to clean the tail switch and any other connection in it (Drivers and leds do seldom die just because they have seen some humidity and heat).
Flashlights are fairly simple, this means it can be fixed, the question is how much it cost.

Your light has a boost driver, i.e. a circuit to increase the battery voltage to match the led, a cheap way to get it working would be to replace the circuit with a resistor and use a LiIon battery, this would reduce the runtime significantly.

dolfan87

Newly Enlightened
A new driver and led may fix it, but first I would try to clean the tail switch and any other connection in it (Drivers and leds do seldom die just because they have seen some humidity and heat).
Flashlights are fairly simple, this means it can be fixed, the question is how much it cost.

Your light has a boost driver, i.e. a circuit to increase the battery voltage to match the led, a cheap way to get it working would be to replace the circuit with a resistor and use a LiIon battery, this would reduce the runtime significantly.

Thank you for the quick response. I have already gone through it to make sure the connections were good. Do you have a source where I could get a new driver and led? Also, is that something I could do myself, or is it micro electronic surgery.

Thank you again.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got another idea, but not sure how feasible it is: buy a Lumintop 365 with a Nichia LED and try to put its internals into your Preon P2 :)