Zebralight H600Fd Mk IV: No Branding or Model Number

BAreEhD

Newly Enlightened
Hi, after this headlamp being out of stock for some time I've finally received my Zebralight H600Fd Mk IV. The first thing I noticed upon taking it out of the box is that neither the brand name nor the model number are written on it anywhere.

I have an SC64w, an Sc5w OP, and an SC52w L2 becides this new headlamp, all of which have "Zebralight" and the model written on them.

I find it strange that any manufacturer would sell a product without any branding whatsoever - it does have a little "CE" written on the back, but that's it, so I'm wondering if I perhaps received a unit with a mistake, or is this normal for this model?

Thanks!

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
This should be normal.
I've never seen the brands and model names on my Zebra headlamps.
Also I have the CE mark on the back of the H604c
But on my old SC600w MKII they are present - I think they print the brand and model only on the torches and not on the headlights.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is real for some reason?
They do not label the HL and it does seem odd to me to say the least.
CE is just a label to indicate that the light conforms with some European regulations of some kind.

BAreEhD

Newly Enlightened
This should be normal.
I've never seen the brands and model names on my Zebra headlamps.
Also I have the CE mark on the back of the H604c
But on my old SC600w MKII they are present - I think they print the brand and model only on the torches and not on the headlights.

It is real for some reason?
They do not label the HL and it does seem odd to me to say the least.
CE is just a label to indicate that the light conforms with some European regulations of some kind.

Thanks very much. It's strange, but of course not a big deal either way.

markr6

Flashaholic
I like the clean look, opposed to some companies that seem to want to rival the amount of logo/printing of a NASCAR uniform.

mobi

Newly Enlightened
I have the same headlamp, but in Mark III. Just checked it. Nary a logo or a letter on it.

Which is fine by me. I'm wearing this hours a day. I don't have to become a corporate billboard, as much as I would recommend this light to others.

The camouflage strap has some subtle wording, however.

The Mark IV has been shipped and should arrive here this week. Good to know that it exhibits a "family" resemblance.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have different versions of the same light.
It might be nice to have a clue about which is which don't you think?
And without me having to mark them considering I do not engrave Anodized Aluminum.

Clearly this is a not an end of times sort of problem but it goes seem downright silly to me that they do not mark the Headlamps.
No other ZL is a "Billboard" of branding that I have ever seen?
Take a look at an Armytec where they seem to prefer this advertising maybe but not ZL.

likethevegetable

Enlightened
I have to agree. Maybe it's difficult for them to engrave long text on a rounded surface, but the CE mark is manageable?

mobi

Newly Enlightened
Agreed it would be nice to have some indication on the headlamp about its provenance.

My guess is that ZL minimizes the writing on headlamps because headlamps are worn on the head and are more exposed than a flashlight grasped in the hand.

They may rightly surmise we don't want the word "Zebralight" prominently displayed on our foreheads. But more than that, there is just no way to brand the light so that the entire term "Zebralight" would always be displayed normally. Sometimes it would be partially cut off, sometimes upside down etc.

Moreover, the MKIII has all these curves of aluminum. There's not much space to put the description "H600fd MKIII". The tailcap is an option, but they get lost or inadvertently switched between lights sometimes (it should be noted that ZL replaces tailcaps at a very reasonable price if needed.)

The only spot available for writing on the body proper seems to be at the smooth metal top near the switch.

As a mod, if I find myself mixing up lights, I might just scratch "H600FdIII" on the bottom of the tailcap.

Edit: The H600Fd MkIV arrived. It has less "curves" then the MKIII. But that is irrelevant, it turns out, as far as engraving. The "CE" is subtly engraved on a curved portion. So now I understand why it is perplexing that Zebralight didn't just go ahead and engrave "H600Fd MkIV" also.

Maybe their druthers were to engrave nothing, but some regulators insisted they include the "CE".

Last edited: