P60 style drop in with triple LED emitters?

AR_Shorty

Enlightened
Does anyone know of any triple LED P60 style drop in that has only one output level - no multi-brightness level settings? I'm looking for one to use in a modified Surefire X300 weaponlight that now takes P60 style drop ins. I want something ultra-bright versus just using a Malkoff M61 or similar. I think there used to be people making such a drop in, but I feel like they all dried up.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get one of Vinhs drop ins and program it very easily to just one 100% output level. I know you just want a single setting but that would be an easy way to get what you want.

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
EDC+ makes a single level at I think 560 lumens. They make a high quality unit that should stand up to firearm use.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Overesdy have the V5 triple in stock - 3500 Lumens. Program it to one level.
That's if you want to sell your farm.
I'm really tempted by the Nailbender Copper Nichia Triple.
P

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sportac Triple LED P60 for Surefire, single output of 900 lumens, 2.7v - 9v compatible. Good price!

Just make sure you buy the Surefire compatible version.

d25arcti.jpg

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I'm not well-versed in the X300; what is the voltage & the OP's desired cell config (CR123 or IMR) ?

I personally would not go with the Sportac; I bought a few of their single-modes to set up friends' lights - they are certainly adequate for general use (& cost-effective), but are not known as being the most reliable of the triples.

Last edited:

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is also pflexpro that can be programmed to a single output. Triple or quad but recommend li-ion batteries.

AR_Shorty

Enlightened
I'm not well-versed in the X300; what is the voltage & the OP's desired cell config (CR123 or IMR) ?

I personally would not go with the Sportac; I bought a few of their single-modes to set up friends' lights - they are certainly adequate for general use (& cost-effective), but are not known as being the most reliable of the triples.

The X300 takes two CR123 primary cells. I suppose IMR could be used if so desired.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
The X300 takes two CR123 primary cells. I suppose IMR could be used if so desired.
That's why I was curious; different dropins (with differing input voltages) are certainly more suited to 1xLiIon vs. 2xCR123 vs. 2xIMR. In fact, some of these cell(s) voltages are basically incompatible with some of the dropins listed above - am rather suprised there hasn't been more caveats stated with some of these suggestions.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Presuming your not bothered about hi cri(blood reds popping out!), illumination gear has the sportac single mode xp-g2 in stock for $29.99. Pretty hard to beat bang for buck! Only one left as well..........

I have the dual mode of the said, although i prefer my 219's, its a clean nice beam. Also the voltage is 2.7 to 9v.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I don't like about most triples, and why my weapons have single LED modules (combination of Malkoff and Customlites), is that most/all triples I have seen are VERY floody.

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
PFlexPro. Randy can make you a bombproof triple P60. You can choose the standard or AP driver, but either will require setting it to single level. With the standard driver, the single level would be Mode Group 7 at 100%. The AP driver is much more flexible, and you can set up a single mode group at whatever brightness level you want. Personally, if you're ok with the one-time programming, I think buying a drop-in that allows you to change later to multi-mode is a better choice.

Last edited:

P220C

Newly Enlightened
Presuming your not bothered about hi cri(blood reds popping out!), illumination gear has the sportac single mode xp-g2 in stock for $29.99. Pretty hard to beat bang for buck! Only one left as well..........

I have the dual mode of the said, although i prefer my 219's, its a clean nice beam. Also the voltage is 2.7 to 9v.

After reading your comments and seeing some of the pictures that you've posted elsewhere, I was thrilled to find (and order) a Sportac 219B Triple. I got it on Saturday, and all I can say is "wow!" It puts out a big wall o' light and breathed new life into an old tired host.

ven

Flashaholic
After reading your comments and seeing some of the pictures that you've posted elsewhere, I was thrilled to find (and order) a Sportac 219B Triple. I got it on Saturday, and all I can say is "wow!" It puts out a big wall o' light and breathed new life into an old tired host.

Fantastic:cool: glad happy , as I have said in past, I have a good few and do get used a lot. Dropped a lot as well in some cases. Their 219b is one of my fav nichias's I have. For $30 ish, they are hard to beat. Enjoy!

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well done, good snag. Think how much money you've saved. Enough to buy another light?

P