Best charger and rechargeable batteries to replace 9v batterys?

satelite

Newly Enlightened
Hi.

I started project to replace normal batteries to rechargeable ones at my home. AA and AAA allready replaced with Ikea Laddas (aka. Eneloops) but i googled chargers and rechargeable batteries to replace 9v batterys. There is lot less information about them at google than Eneloops.

My local Rechargeable battery shop has Tensai charger for 4 9v batteries and Tensai 270mAh batteries available but i cant find info about them from internet like test, quality etc. I also looked Accupower 300mAh batteries from amazon for more capacity.

Does someone at here have any information which charger and 9v NIMH batteris are best ones to get? I like to get large capacity but also good quality at same packade.

satelite

Newly Enlightened
I've been using iPowerUS cells in my wireless microphones for a couple of years now. You can buy 4 cells with a charger as a package.
Here HKJ's review...
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...est-review-of-iPowerUS-9V-Pro-520mAh-(Silver)
I think they may have made a higher capacity cell now.
These are Li-ion rather than NiMh.
P

I want NIMH for reason... Li-ion batterys have limitations in air travel and i travel a lot becouse of my work and NIMH is not limited and its fire safety is much better.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using iPowerUS cells in my wireless microphones for a couple of years now. You can buy 4 cells with a charger as a package.
Here HKJ's review...
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...est-review-of-iPowerUS-9V-Pro-520mAh-(Silver)
I think they may have made a higher capacity cell now.
These are Li-ion rather than NiMh.
P

I've used Tenergy Centura semi-low self discharge 9v batteries and their 2 bay smart charger to good effect for almost 7 years. Capacity isn't the best, but they've lasted and we're about $28 US for 4 batteries and the charger, shipped to America.

Chris

AB8XL

Enlightened
I use MAHA Powerex NiMH LSD 9 volt (9.6V) batteries and their chargers (4 bay and 10 bay) for all of my 9 volt battery applications, they can be found at Thomas Distributing. I have used these for a few years now with no issues. My applications include smoke alarms, DMM's, dog collars & portable radios.

Last edited:

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've used Tenergy Centura semi-low self discharge 9v batteries and their 2 bay smart charger to good effect for almost 7 years. Capacity isn't the best, but they've lasted and we're about $28 US for 4 batteries and the charger, shipped to America.

I've used those Tenergy 9v batteries for a few years in very low-drain applications. The first couple of years they were great. After that, either their capacity dropped or their self-discharge went up. Still okay, but given their price, I think I'll just buy 9v alkalines going forward. 9v alkalines don't tend to be so messy and destructive when the leak (compared to the cylindrical cells), so I'll put up with that risk.