• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Filler Screws for McGizmo clip holes

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've long been a proponent for Don's clips, but recently I've enjoyed using his lights around the house with the clip removed.

Does anyone know where I can purchase SS or even better, Titanium hex filler screws with no head? TIA

archimedes

Flashaholic
McGizmo uses ones from Lunsford Racing.

They do make several different styles, and they are of excellent quality.

I also suggest using a quality driver as well, as these fit quite precisely and Ti is rather prone to galling.

Last edited:

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Arch. I have the stock Lunsford button head screws currently with the clip removed. I'm hoping to find set screws with no head to take the place of the button head screws

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Search for "4-40 set screws" from your preferred supplier. Might get luck with a local supplier as well.

Brownells carries an assortment, https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-...y&utm_campaign=itwine&utm_content=080-000-800

I'd guess that a 4-40 x 1/8" set screw is probably what you want

Thank you, Theta! You're spot on with the 1/8" length as that should fit perfectly without hitting the retaining o-ring. I found an old thread where Don gave the specs of #4-40 x 3/16.

Now the adventure begins. I'm hoping to find them in Titanium. But, will settle for 316L

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've so far found 316 SS #4-40 x 1/8" set screws from McMaster Carr. Hoping I can find them in titanium

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately, Lundsford doesn't have Ti setscrews. They said the reason they don't is due to not much weight savings compared to other metals in RC Cars. There are a few google links that I'm going to pursue. If anyone is interested in 316 SS set screws, the best price i have found so far is through this link: https://www.mcmaster.com/92158A119