Another Peak Eiger question

Vemice

Enlightened
Recently came into some Eiger stuff in a trade. Ended up with an older single mode AAA body with a very warm white led. Also got a 10180 body only. I now have 2 new heads coming; one mule and one regular both high CRI. Noticed in the bottom of the 10180 tube is a small black donut that looks like rubber. I am assuming that it is QTC material. My question is, will these new heads fit the 10180 tube. I thought I remember reading that these were standalone lights and not interchangeable.
Hoping I am wrong.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'm kinda new to the peak game as well so can't really help you out much. What I have found out about peak is that there lights are tough beautiful and built to last. However I think they were designed like that so after the sale there would not have to be any contact with the coustomer because I'm telling you right now you WILL NOT be able to get in touch with them. I had questions and tried. Nothing. Nada zero zilch. Calls emails even tried smoke signals. All I can say is good thing they make a light that lasts because not sure what to do if I have a problem. Sry to vent. Good luck with your light

Vemice

Enlightened
I'm kinda new to the peak game as well so can't really help you out much. What I have found out about peak is that there lights are tough beautiful and built to last. However I think they were designed like that so after the sale there would not have to be any contact with the coustomer because I'm telling you right now you WILL NOT be able to get in touch with them. I had questions and tried. Nothing. Nada zero zilch. Calls emails even tried smoke signals. All I can say is good thing they make a light that lasts because not sure what to do if I have a problem. Sry to vent. Good luck with your light

I hear ya'. I have been pretty lucky with that. Have an order to be shipped in a few days. Really need to bug them. Sometimes 2 or 3 emails before an answer. Robyn has some issues going on now so a bit distracted.
Wish I didn't like their lights so much.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

I sent them an email 11 days ago and got a response the next day.:shrug:

LRJ88

Enlightened
Recently came into some Eiger stuff in a trade. Ended up with an older single mode AAA body with a very warm white led. Also got a 10180 body only. I now have 2 new heads coming; one mule and one regular both high CRI. Noticed in the bottom of the 10180 tube is a small black donut that looks like rubber. I am assuming that it is QTC material. My question is, will these new heads fit the 10180 tube. I thought I remember reading that these were standalone lights and not interchangeable.
Hoping I am wrong.

Seeing as how they're both likely the same width (10180 and 10440 cells both being 10 mm in diameter) i don't see there being any real issues, i doubt they'd change their threading just for one body when the same threads would still work out plenty well.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
All of the threading will be the same. Sometimes, the length of the head threads is slightly different.
The foam ring in the bottom of the battery tube is to help with battery rattle and to raise the battery negative away from the body, breaking connection.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'll you what though. They seem to be one of the toughest lights I have seen. And feel dead solid.

UpstandingCitizen

Enlightened
I sent them an email 11 days ago and got a response the next day.:shrug:

In the past year alone, I've probably sent upwards of ten unanswered emails. That, coupled with the battery-crushing design (which is admittedly robust) has put me off. It's too bad, too, because I'd pay the premium prices otherwise.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the past year alone, I've probably sent upwards of ten unanswered emails. That, coupled with the battery-crushing design (which is admittedly robust) has put me off. It's too bad, too, because I'd pay the premium prices otherwise.

Maybe tor some reason you got spam foldered? Do you yave multiple e-mail accounts so you can try from another one?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
The best place I have found for information on Peak is in the Archives. Think that says a lot. I'm way new to them so my knowledge is extremely limited but as I say for the money I think there great. I think there tough as nails and not to mention dam good looking.i would just love to be able to pick up the phone and talk to a carbon based life form about them.I know the lights are just a side business for them but they really are great lights I just wish they were more involved with clientele.in looking at the peak threads it doesn't look like it's been active in quite a while. Hell, I thought they went out of business. 😂 but all that being said I'm getting a few more. I. Like um.

Last edited:

GoVegan

Enlightened
Edit: TL;DR just ignore my rant.

Peak LED Solutions, what can I say, beautiful lights and possibly the most reliable lights ever produced (not taking into account the finicky QTC).

I've wanted to buy their lights for years HOWEVER... I just can't buy one until they have a proper site with all options/descriptions including runtimes, I don't buy into the excuse that there are too many options to list all the runtimes... so just list runtimes on alkalines like most other makers.

I've come to the conclusion that this is a mental game, with Peak wanting to sell their lights while adamant about never marketing them, and me never purchasing them while they don't have a proper website.... I don't think they'll ever change, and I won't crack either. lol
Damn shame as the Eiger's seem like a very decent keychain light worthy of backup duty to a HDS.

Rant over. Sorry I didn't add anything to this thread.