BLF GT “Giggles” Flashlight Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

scout24

Flashaholic
While thorough, I pulled your thread down pending admin review for shilling and advertising. Please familiarize yourself with rule #6...

Last edited:

zeroair

Newly Enlightened
No problem scout24. Thanks for the note and not just deleting without any comment.

I'm not strictly speaking advertising.... This is a ~2 year old light and I didn't even provide any links (or really information for that matter) on where to purchase the light.

And I'm certainly not shilling since by the Rule #6 definition, I'm non "a person who poses as a customer in order to decoy others into participating and/or one who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest or personal profit,".

I didn't even link a store for purchasing the light. I'm happy to edit something out if needed.

It's really just an informational review. I don't stand to gain anything, and I didn't even look up if or where the light can be purchased now. It's a great light, and more info being available is a good thing.

zeroair

Newly Enlightened
yea...but it's from That Other Site..........

It didn't even occur to me to try to handle whatever animosity there is between the sites with kid gloves. I suppose I should have been more careful.

Still sometimes a flashlight is just a flashlight...

nbp

Flashaholic
Actually, from a brief glance, I'm guessing it's more of the pointers to your website that was perceived as advertising, not the fact that it was a BLF project. In any case, I'm sure scout24 will be in touch with you zeroair to hammer it out, so there isn't much need to continue the discussion here in public.

dmsoule

Newly Enlightened
I'm worried about the future of CPF. I've learned a great deal here, but overzealous application of too many rules is hurting the discussions. Many of the sticky posts haven't been updated in years, and it seems that I see fewer and fewer new posts each time I visit. As such, I find myself visiting less often than I used to. I hope the site can continue for a long time, but deleting reviews counterproductive.

Rasher

Enlightened
I'm worried about the future of CPF. I've learned a great deal here, but overzealous application of too many rules is hurting the discussions. Many of the sticky posts haven't been updated in years, and it seems that I see fewer and fewer new posts each time I visit. As such, I find myself visiting less often than I used to. I hope the site can continue for a long time, but deleting reviews counterproductive.
Couldn't disagree more. I'm glad there's a no-BS flavor of fora for light enthusiasts. There is far less asshattery here than the "other place". I much prefer it that way, even if it means strict enforcement of strict rules.

scout24

Flashaholic
There were links to your website in the first paragraph for "the full experience", "click here for coupon codes", etc. which draw business to you or your site. At the very least it was clickbait-ish. I, and I'm sure everyone here, would welcome it back without outside links, and I'd happily move it to the review section. As I said, very thorough.

Dmsoule- It's not a review on a new light that everyone's clamoring for info about. The "Giggles" has a pile of info here, and elsewhere, for perusal. The commercial shilling and advertising rules are in place for a reason... :)

I don't care whose project it was, I went out of my way to give some quiet guidance to another member recently who put what has become a rather large thread on a project here that originated outside CPF. We worked together to make sure the information presented fell within CPF guidelines, and it's now a repository of a ton of good info without outside links, codes, and mention of other things that raise the radar here. It's not hard to stay within the rules here, it's just not something everyone's willing to take the time to do.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Couldn't disagree more. I'm glad there's a no-BS flavor of fora for light enthusiasts. There is far less asshattery here than the "other place". I much prefer it that way, even if it means strict enforcement of strict rules.

Agreed 111,999%. No drama here.

And the staff here are pretty cool about things whenever a situation arises that requires moderation.

Last edited:

justanotherguy

Enlightened
I guess GT comes from Giggle Thrower..as least semi officially...
I thought I saw it mentioned in Vestureofblood's video review

archimedes

Flashaholic

Agreed 111,999%. No drama here.

And the staff here are pretty cool about things whenever a situation arises that requires moderation.

I find that there are two broad general categories of forums, in my experience, friendly + useful ... and less-friendly + less-useful. The former requires more rules than the latter.

I have been a member of both types, and a moderator on both types. I prefer this type, both as a general member and as a moderator.

Fortunately, the web is a large place, and it is easy to choose among many options available. Thank you all who choose to spend time here with us on CPF :)

Last edited:

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't mind the outside links at all. If you check out Zeroair's actual site, the formatting and overall web experience are by far superior.

I think it was a bit of a reach to remove the post. Zeroair is a well-respected member of the community and we all benefit from his reviews.

scout24

Flashaholic
As I have now stated repeatedly, he's welcome to re-post it within the guidelines of CPF policies and rules. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.