Nitecore hc30 vs hc33 real world runtime

raleighi

Newly Enlightened
Having recently purchased the nitecore hc30w headlamp (neutral white version) headlamp i can say it is very impressive. The choice for this headlamp was made after much research on lighting, comparison of multiple products, and user videos/reviews. One thing i did notice when deciding between the hc30 and hc33 was the runtime on the hc30 was an hour or so longer for a similar lumen range. This was the deciding factor in my choice. It appeared that both lights were tested with the same mAh rated batteries. Does anyone know why this is or have any real world testing data on this? The only thing i wish the hc30 had was the battery level indicator like the hc33 but the runtime was more important imo. Thanks

Blues

Enlightened
I also have the HC30 in neutral white and it has proven to be a fantastic light. I use mine at least once daily, (twice during winter), for walking the dog in a heavily wooded, rural area. It has withstood cold, rain, snow and being dropped on a hard surface. I couldn't reasonably ask for more than this light has provided.

I just throw it in a Nitecore D2 or D4 charger weekly and I'm good to go. I usually use the 70 lumen setting (with occasional use of brighter settings if needed). I've never been close to having exhausted the protected cell that it was supplied with.

mightysparrow

Enlightened
I bought the HC30 in neutral white about a year ago. It was a great value with a coupon, in my case, but even at full retail price it has a great value to price ratio. Lightweight and excellent choice of modes, also.

LedTed

Enlightened
Sorry, no test data, but real world experience to share. This late fall and winter I used my HC30 for about 5 minutes per day. My HC33 sat in reserve. I rotated batteries from the HC33 to the HC30 at the first of each month and only had to top off the used battery.

Latest posts