• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Wtb: Surefire Z68 tailcap with a mcclicky

netjackson

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I am looking for a Surefire Z68 tailcap with a mcclicky. I'm looking for one where there is no gap between the tailcap and the body. I purchased one of these way back where someone must've modded the switch so there was no gap. Thank you.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could buy one of the ones that lightknot has for sale in the WTF forum and install a McClicky switch in it, though there's nothing wrong with the stock Surefire clicky.

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could buy one of the ones that lightknot has for sale in the WTF forum and install a McClicky switch in it, though there's nothing wrong with the stock Surefire clicky.

Make sure to get a modified McClicky that will fit (OR 'used' to have them, haven't checked and Lumens factory carries them also). If you get the off-the-shelf standard McClicky, it will need to be modified by removing material off the top and bottom of the switch.

netjackson

Newly Enlightened
Thank you to everyone that replied. Exactly what Eroken posted is what I am looking for but turnkey. I already have a few stock tailcaps.

Last edited:

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for a Surefire Z68 tailcap with a mcclicky. I'm looking for one where there is no gap between the tailcap and the body. I purchased one of these way back where someone must've modded the switch so there was no gap. Thank you.
1. So which Z68 are you exactly looking for? The scallop-shrouded one (from the E2DL) or the flat-shrouded one (from the Scoutlight)?
2. Truth is, once you modify a Z57/61/68 with the shaved McClicky there will certainly be a gapped area between the tail and body, even though it's very minimal (around 0.5mm or less).