surefire stiletto??

adrox88

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have any experience with the surefire stiletto? This light has caught my eye and I'm curious. I love the maxvision and my most frequently carried light is my surefire E1B backup MV. I'm curious if anyone has experience with both if its worth it to spend the $100 for the extra 250 lumens (400lm in the backup vs 650lm in the stiletto.) Thanks!

Nephron44

Enlightened
Get the Tactician instead. It still has maxvision, and is much brighter. The Stiletto's battery will eventually stop taking a charge, and I don't think the lifetime warranty extends to batteries.

Plus, if you look around, you can find the Tactician for not much more (if any more at all) than the Stiletto.

There is also less to fail or malfunction on the Tactician...

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just picked one of these up yesterday. Now that the weather is getting warmer I'm going to be losing pockets to tuck stuff into. The flatter form factor is what attracted me to it originally and I know that the proprietary battery will cause an issue down the road. Until then I'll just have to see. I had the Stiletto in the back pocket of my jeans since around 8:00am and totally forgot about it until i cams across this thread!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ Exactly why I want one Roger.

Heck, an RCR in my PR-1 light lasts weeks (between charges) with my useage so it'll be years before a Stiletto battery is an issue for me.

It's like a Streamlight idea with SureFire dependability.

Last edited:

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at pictures, it looks surprisingly small. May have to give it a try once it becomes available.

Looks like the unit is assembled with two screws as well, so hopefully the battery can be replaced by someone competent enough once it no longer functions properly.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
This is one of those lights that you have to grip first, to see if it's right for you. Some reviewers have pointed out that due to the design, the light wants to squirt out of your hand like a wet bar of soap if you try hitting that tailcap switch with your thumb. Others don't seem to have an issue. If you do order one, be sure it's from a place with a great Return Policy. Though honestly I agree with Nephron44 that you'll be better off with a Tactician instead. Some have reported failures in which their Stiletto no longer shuts off, but keeps putting out a very low level of output, instead.

scout24

Flashaholic
I'd really love to see a runtime graph on one of these. How long it holds 650, is there a stepdown to medium, etc. Not a lot of info out there...

BIKER5959

Newly Enlightened
I own two of them, and it is my every day carry flashlight. I use it regularly for my work in electronics, and it is nice to have in my pocket at all times (I also carry a ccw pistol) The slim profile really makes it easy to carry. with the built-in clip, I place the flashlight in my pocket with the clip holding it there. The light output is great and the battery is sufficient, the only issue I have had, and the reason I have two of them, is that the charging port has failed to work eventually on both of them. Sure fire has sent me a new flashlight quickly after receiving my broken unit. Not really a big deal, due to the lifetime warranty. In my work I often end up in attics and un-lit spaces, so I need an absolutely reliable flashlight that isn't hard to carry.
The stiletto fits the bill!

scout24

Flashaholic
Well, I'm still curious about runtimes. Seems to be sufficient for edc use though. I did solve the squirt out of your hand issue Monocrom mentions above with a soldering iron and about a half hour of time. Stippled for the win, folks. Redefines "grippy" but still slides in and out of a pocket no problem.
20210816_160003.jpg

Latest posts