Am breathing nichia!

Nichia!

Banned
I am literally can't stop thinking about nichia LEDs/lights

My collection is more than 90% is nichia (specially nichia 219b)

These LEDs are simply PERFECT!

Although I have too many lights with nichia 219b but one of them stands out and very unique

The 2015 version Egaletac d25c the tint on this one is absolutely beautiful and gorgeous and delicious [emoji39]! It makes everything it touches looks like sunlight and sometimes even better! Yeah am crazy..

Any one here feeling the same??

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been very happy with my nichia 219c lights as well. My lumintop aaa ti is simply gorgeous. Although a jaxman e3 with what is supposed to be a 5700k 219c seems rather washed out in comparison. Not sure if it's an out of spec led or just the different color temp.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I really love the Nichia 219B, and the 219A (before the B came out). Great neutral-to-warmish high CRI, no tint deviation in the beam. Perfect.

Not so much for the 219C. I just don't find it as pleasant. It's nice, but nothing special.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I had never tried the Nichia 219B. The Cree based lights which used to be my pedestal queens now seem lackluster. I am ruined forever.

NPL

Enlightened
I use to reference the 219c as my gold standard. I don't have much experience with the 219b, but I can tell you that the e21a has now completely spoiled me. Every other led seems inferior when regarding to tint.

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah E21A is just straight up better than 219B in all things with maybe the exception of running on FET drivers.

I have an ROT66 with R9080 4500k 219Bs that I'll probably keep but I don't use because I favor my SST20 version over it. I also have a JetUSolis with 5000k Optisolis that I'll keep as reference as well, though I hardly use it.

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I am a big fan of optisolis and e21a, and my plans for the near future are all with them, the reference tint at the moment is D4 5000k 219c. Yuji 5600k is even better but it is just a 5mm led

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
GQqNq0X.jpg

yes, I love the N219b 4500k 9080 the most

and Im a Huge fan of the warmer E21A

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can we see what you guys have with nichiaB LEDs??

For the tint/High cri people, the D25aaa I just sold was absolutely without a doubt the best example I have ever owned of the 219b. I know with firearms you know you have "one of the few that were done right" meaning they were made the same but some turned out better than others. That one was absolutely amazing. I'm hoping the new owner likes it as much as I did.

Macka17

Newly Enlightened
I Have around 34 now.Had a sort out. Basically a throwaway.
Here in Aust you get nothing for second hand torches and shipping is usually more than it's worth.

9 of them are 219b. (2 x Astrolux Quads. 2 x triples). 3 x 219c
Cree give more spread and throw. but colour.... Purple. green. and shades of blue YUK.
No comparison.

One advantage when you get to my age group.
We don't see too far anymore. so no need for max range.
We can concentrate on quality of beam.
and that 219b with decent driver and reflector gives a beautiful light.
I'm waiting to see what that Osram Flat white gives in real life?.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can we see what you guys have with nichiaB LEDs??

I hope you gents won't think less of me, but I'm too lazy to make a new photo. I've got what I consider to be the ace of spades: the HDS executive 4500K R9080, along with the ace of clubs, the HDS executive 4000K R9050. Both are Nicha 219b

Johnnyh

Enlightened
I have mostly Nichia lights. My trusty copper Maratac AAA (which is with me always) supplanted a Copper Tool that just died one day...don't know why...they both have 4000k 219b. The other 4k 219b is in an HDS. Fantastic tint and CRI. Back in 2017 I got a Pflex Pro Convoy S2 that has a 4500k 219C. I've never seen one with this led since. Not sure why they aren't more out there because it's become almost a standard by which I judge others. To me it is a perfect tint of off-white. Wish I had more of them!

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure why they aren't more out there because it's become almost a standard by which I judge others.

I also compare everything to my Nichias
the 219b failed to capture market due to the 27% lumen penalty
the 219c made up for the lumens, but its a greener LED, and unfortunately the only Nichia in the Massdrop Eswitch tools
here is a lego w a maratac
nKs6PuGl.png

other stock lights w 219b:

@Nichia, since you are hunting 219b lights, I suggest you buy the TiTool while it is still available (not the massdrop version, those are 219c)
ToolTi%205.jpg~original

Other lights w N219b you can wish for, the ReyLight CuTool of 2016, and some Maratacs, and CuTools of that era..

IMG_3664.JPG

also the copper, brass and stainless Worms of 2016
CwGdn0m.png

Last edited:

Nichia!

Banned
Hey Jon

Please pm me with more info about the the tool Ti NB

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's my list

• 219B in 4500K L3 Illumination L11C - Very neutral, but broken. It was a great EDC for tasks ranging from getting the mail to maintaining factory equipment.
  • 219C in 5000K Emisar D4 - Also a good neutral light, and very versatile. It might be my most regularly used light.
  • GS in 6500K Fenix E01 - Terrible tint! But still a great light for its simplicity, durability, and runtime.
  • 219B SW45K in Fireflies ROT66 - The only light I have that makes my D4 look green. Almost impeccable light for nearly any task requiring floody light, and the UI is excellent.

I'm eager to try the E21A and Optisolis. I will have to make sure I get at least one of each in matching color temperatures to compare, but will probably go the modding route to save money.

Also, the Yuji BC continue to charm me, especially my Sofirn C01. If the latest ultra-high CRI Nichia's can beat those, then they will be incredible. As is, I compared a pair of each tint of the C01 blended together (~4600K by my math) against my ROT66, and I think I actually like the mixed Yuji's slightly better. It was a really close call, though

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
their tint varies by CCT.. I suggest you get your hands on one of the 219b 4500k 9080
here are some of my N219b:

[/QOTE]

I think the M31LL uses a 219B with 4000k not sure. Like my other 219B the tint is more uniform across the beam profile than many Crees I own. The issues being is it worth the reduced output for outdoors activities. Sometimes I also wonder about that with my W Cree lights. The old school M91W not withstanding as it's the best tint ever. I worry about things like slipping on mud or tree roots and in a month or so rattlesnakes. It's really mechanical injuries to be honest. So tint is lower on my list though frankly if the tint cosmetically sucks given all my options the light will not be taken. I have an old LD10. Nice 1XAA light. But the tint is so space alien abduction angry blue it's rarely packed.