Load Resistors for car HID

CJAS4584

Newly Enlightened
Hi All, I would like to add some HIDs to my car, which has a canbus system so gives the 'check headlight' error message. I have bought and returned 2 sets of the CANbus error free HID sets as they still occasionally give the error and then teh car turns off power to the light.

[Non-salient details removed]

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hello and welcome to CPF

Your post above has been (provisionally) approved, and thread moved to "Automotive"

The experts will be along shortly to advise you if what you are asking may be done in a safe and proper manner.

You may be asked to provide additional details, as automotive lighting has very specific regulation for compliance.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I missing something?
You have missed reading the stickies, particularly PLEASE read this first!

Be mindful that there are a lot of bad ideas and bad products in the vehicle lighting world. All of them are hyped and promoted as great ideas. CPF Rule 11 is particularly important here because of the safety concerns with motor vehicles and their lighting.
This means (among other things):

"HID kits", "LED conversions", and "projector retrofits" aren't safe, effective, or legal. If you have one and it's not working, we're not going to help you fix it. (If you have one and you think it's working, it's not; get it off your vehicle before someone gets hurt) We will not argue this point.

What year, make, and model car do you drive? There may be upgrades for you that are safe, effective, and legal.