LED-Lenser / Eddie Baeur / Photonpumpe alert

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Attention: Those of you who own LED-LENSER products, such as the V8 Photonpumpe or Eddie Baeur's "Mini Opto E-Light" among others, and have lost the rubber switch cover on the flashlight, don't throw your light away yet.

Unscrew the tailcap and look behind the spring. You should see a little black thing hiding in a small compartment back there - this is a spare switch cover, just waiting for you to install it.

franken2

Newly Enlightened
i saw some of those lights at target but didn't buy because of momentary switch and rare/expensive batteries. construction looked good though. wondering if craig beat one up yet
shocked.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Target eh? I'm there. Gotta have the one with the glass lens. I'm a sucker for perfect beam output.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FRANKEN2:
i saw some of those lights at target but didn't buy because of momentary switch and rare/expensive batteries. construction looked good though. wondering if craig beat one up yet
shocked.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The switch isn't restricted to momentary use. It's a clickie, and the light stays on when you press it down just a bit more till it clicks. And I found the batteries on ebay for 9 cents apiece.
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I went to target to satisfy my curiousity and got the tiny cigarette sized opto e light and the one similar to the led lenser moon... also branded as eddie bauer.. its fairly bright and has replaced my photon on my keychain as it is brighter and I don't like it as much as my photon 3... the unlucky ones get the keychain life
smile.gif

machspass

Newly Enlightened
What kind of light is this? Does it use a single white LED? What kind of batteries does it take? AG13 button cells? I bought a bunch of those on e-bay pretty cheap.

BTW Jason: Hello! CQ, KG6HZZ DE KN4AL

franken2

Newly Enlightened
thanks craig, i didn't know about the switch.i couldn't get it to stay on while i toyed with it in it's blister pack. i saw 3 models, do they all have the same switch? i may change my mind about this light. thanks

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by machspass:
If I had to decide again to buy this light or not, I wouldn't, the Pelican L1 has a better switch and seems more durable than this.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OH OH!!! I believe I just made a major league BOO BOO. I hit "edit" instead of "quote" without paying attention, and ended up ruining your message.
tongue.gif
x.gif
tongue.gif

I'm really sorry about that.
I was trying to reply that I had a clip break off a Pelican and asked what tool you used to remove yours.
blush.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason:
Hi machspeed!
smile.gif
technology go perfectly with hams hehe
smile.gif
I wonder, are we the only ones on this board? your name's also jason too?
smile.gif

oh yeah, it uses LR44's or AG13's the cheapo batteries available almost everywhere. the Pelican L1 has a better switch and seems more durable than this.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree, the L1 has a great feeling handy click tail button switch, but the rubber cover for the button will wear out if you carry it in your pocket though.
I also found it makes a lot better keyring light if you neatly cut off that kinda large built-in pocket clip.

I also changed the lens to a slight magnifier type (American Sci. & surplus) so that it throws a spot further than my lightwave 2000
shocked.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
I also changed the lens to a slight magnifier type (American Sci. & surplus) so that it throws a spot further than my lightwave 2000
shocked.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

curious, which lens did you get? the glass small or the acrylic 20 pack?

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason:
[qb] curious, which lens did you get? the glass small or the acrylic 20 pack?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both
grin.gif

-look for those 14mm lenses.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unbelievable.
Waking this one from the dead. I just got some yuri leds from the group buy and found this old light which needed the mod, but the switch boot was deteriorated. CPF to the rescue. I just happened to see this after a google search, and I Amos know I already have a replacement! Unreal!