CK Sauce lights at Target

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi all. I recently was walking through the flashlight section of my local target to look at all of their latest offerings. They're really beginning to carry alot of lights! At the last moment, I noticed a row of Sauce Light ColorWash things. I'd read a little about a light wand or something like that here on the forum and was intrigued. They're the plug-in kinds (Yea! no batteries!) and have 5 different modes I think. They were so inexpensive I bought three for various locations in my house. Very cool, and just under seven bucks each. Anyone recommend any of their other products? Thanks!

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by virgo:
They're the plug-in kinds (Yea! no batteries!) and have 5 different modes I think. They were so inexpensive I bought three for various locations in my house. Very cool, and just under seven bucks each. Anyone recommend any of their other products? Thanks!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Plug in? As in the wall outlet? Never heard of those, but cool! The CK sauce LightWand is very cool (never got it though) and in all my time playing with it in the Discovery Channel Store, I can't find the secret function
bluesigh.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Oh yeah. A friend that appreciates flashlights came over and saw them and was impressed also. He's a newlywed, so he has to watch his purchases and can't get away with spending money on things that are "not important," but he talked his wife into buying a couple and trying them. She liked them so much, she jumped on the phone and started chattering about what colors she had in which rooms, where she put them, and so on. Kind of amusing, I thought.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

yeah, they plug into the wall. That's one of the main reasons I bought more than one. I can't hardly afford the batteries for the other lights I have now. I might have to check out those light wands. I never realized how cool colored LEDs are!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
nice! if every light plugged into the wall, we wouldn't have to buy all of those expensive batteries!

goodbye people, i'm off to my evil laboritory to see what i can come up with! muahahahaha!!!!!

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by logicnerd411:
Originally posted by virgo:
[qb]They're the plug-in kinds (Yea! no batteries!) and have 5 different modes I think. I can't find the secret function
bluesigh.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Should I let the cat out of the bag?
grin.gif

After the first four modes, (wash, multicolor blink, single color steady, strobe) pressing again for at least 2 seconds-will reveal "Christmas" (red alternating with green flash), and one more press again (for at least 2 seconds) will reveal the 4th of July alternately flashing red, white and blue.
cool.gif

Wulong

Newly Enlightened
I looked(thoroughly)for CK Sauce products at Target last week and didn't find a thing.

Maybe they're only available in certain locations...

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
They make great gifts for kids (of all ages). My kids and niece have had the Light Washers for months now and love 'em.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Wulong, I looked all over my Target as well. Looked up and down, high and low. Looked with the flashlights, looked with the night lights...asked store associates ("What's a Sauce lightwand?!?" they replied) and all that good stuff. My Target doesn't have them either. Try Toys'R'Us. Mine has them there up by the registers, on the impulse buy peg-boards.

I was at a closeout store and had occasion to purchase some Sauce products at an unbelieveable price (Should I ever come across them again for this price I'll buy a bunch and resell on here for cheap ok). In the family we now have 3 washers, 2 wands, 1 orb and 1 saucer. We're hooked!

Want to hear a sad story about a Lightwand? My colour blind friend could not find the hidden mode as red and green look brown to him--so when it went to XMas mode he didn't think it was doing anything
frown.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I'll try to check back in to that same store and see if there are any left. When I was there, there were 5, 3 of which I bought. My friend went back and bought about a week later, so I would bet that they have them at least on an occasional basis. I've done a couple of searches, and can't find these anywhere close to the price I paid, so I hope it wasn't a close-out. I'll try to pick some extras up.

Wulong

Newly Enlightened
Saaby,

I should have mentioned that I tried Toy'R'Us also. Three employees hunted for about 15 minutes. After that, they came to the conclusion that CK Sauce products were available only from their website.

Target...Toy'R'Us...nada

That's what I get for trying to make an impulse buy.
frown.gif

Zephyr

Enlightened
Just went to Target yesterday and saw the LightWasher, LightOrb, and LightWand on clearance for only $4.98. They make good Christmas gifts...

ZEPH

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
Just took a look at my local Target as well, and since they've had plenty all summer long at 9.95, I went and saw that they indeed had the orange markdown sticker on them. My local store has plenty of lightwands and washers, but only like 3 or so Orbs left.

Great find, BTW on the price reduction.

Ed

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zephyr, can you pick up a couple of the Lightwashers and send them to me? I'll be happy to Paypal you for them(or send a moneyorder), as they're impossible to find up here, and if you could, they'd be really expensive anyway...
frown.gif

Actually, a couple of the LightOrbs would be good, too, if you don't mind...?

Thanks,
Doug.

Zephyr

Enlightened
DSpeck,

I'll check and see if they have some more Lightwashers. The last time I checked, they only had a couple more left. The Lightwashers only came in red bodies and the LightOrbs with the purple bodies....I'll check again

ZEPH

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was at Target today and did a little search for sauce products, none at all at any price to be had. But I know that they do have a display of them at the Target on the other side of town. So carrying them must be a local manager decision.

Or perhaps the fact that they have been on sale means that they will no longer be carried.

I actually got my lightwand at toys-r-us and it took me quite a while to find it there too. Up in front by the registers.

-James

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
ok, just finished with the flashlight that works with an outlet!

provides a nice, wide, even flood!
extremely bright!
extremely long "battery" life.

the one problem i found is...portability. the only way this thing could be used while camping is if you had a generator...

i'll see if i can post pics later
grin.gif

JohnG

Enlightened
I bought two Light Washers a few weeks ago at $6.96. Nice.
Went there today and bought an Orb and a Light Saucer. This time they rang up at $4.96
smile.gif

Of the three, I like the 4AA Saucer the most.
I may grab a few more tomorrow.