• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: A2/L1/L2 Switch guard rings (all sold)

mahoney

Enlightened
I wanted a guard ring for the switch on my A2 and I couldn't find one for sale, so I made my own and a few extra while I was at it. These replace the rubber boot retaining ring on the rear of the A2/L1/L2 switch and have a knurled tube that extends up far enough to guard the button. This allows holster carry without having to "lock-out" the switch and allows you to stand the light on the switch end.

If you are looking for cosmetic perfection, please don't buy one. These were made on a wood lathe and while the knurling and threading came out nicely, I can guarantee that there's a tool mark of some sort on each one, usually in the chamfer that surrounds the button. I tested each one on my A2 and they all worked just fine. If it doesn't work on your light, you can send it back for a refund.

Prices are shipped in the US via first class mail with delivery confirmation. I can accept payment by cash, check, or money order.

I have (Sorry, all gone) available in black delrin for $20-now $15 and (sold) available in brass for $35-now $25.

First "I'll take one" (or more) here gets them. PM for snail mail address.

mahoney

Enlightened
Re: FS: A2/L1/L2 Switch guard rings

Sorry, no digital camera...or scanner...

But I'll make the following offer: If you are worried that the ring will be so ugly you won't want it on your light, send me a small padded envelope SASE and I'll send you one. If you like it when you get it, send me the price less the $5 I would have spent on the envelope/shipping. If you hate it, mail it back to me. This will probably not work as well for international mail, but we can work something out.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take a delrin one and post pictures for you. PM coming! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

mahoney

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: A2/L1/L2 Switch guard rings (price drop)

I received my guard ring from Mahoney today so here's some pic's:

This is with the guard ring installed on my A2.
image039a.jpg

It requires removal of the retaining ring with a pair of needlenose pliers.
image034a.jpg

And here's some side by side comparisons of what you are removing with what you are replacing.
image038a.jpg

image021a.jpg

The guard ring extends just a mm or so past the end of the rubber boot....
image024a.jpg

...which allows my A2 to stand on end!
image031a.jpg

And the extra length fits just fine in my V20 holster.
image033a.jpg

Conclusions: Mahoney's guard ring for A2, L1, L2 tailcaps is a great addition. There's less worry about my light turning on by itself in my pocket. I really like that it can stand on end. It's a little added protection if it were dropped. The threading was a perfect fit. There are some grooves left from the tool work, but I don't really notice or mind. So get one while you can, and thanks, Mahoney, for a great mod! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

mahoney

Enlightened

Leukos: Thank you for the pictures and the kind words.

This is Nascar: PM me and let me know which three you want (all delrin or delrin and brass) and we'll work out the details.

There are still three left if anyone else is interested.

Thertel

Newly Enlightened

You should see about making these in aluminum and getting the HA3'd. I bet there would be some good demand. I'd take about 5.

Thomas

christrose

Newly Enlightened

leukos: Thank you for pictures I want to see.

mahoney: PM sent.

InFlux

Enlightened

I'd be interested in two HA-3 Aluminium also.

mahoney

Enlightened

TiN and christrose: PMs replied.
cnee: email replied.

At this point all the Delrin are gone, but the brass one is still available. It looks just like the pictures, but in brass.

I'm making these on a wood lathe with hand tools, so a run in HA-3 aluminium ain't gonna happen from me. I will freely share dimensions with anyone willing to take that on. Besides, the black delrin color matches the rubber button, HA-3 almost never color matches anything.

I can't take credit for the original idea for this mod either. McGizmo has a description and pictures of one he made on his website.

If people are interested in more delrin rings, I can do another small run. I've had one on my A2 for a while now, and I wouldn't carry it without one.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mahoney,

I would be interested in another delrin guard ring if you do another run. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

wquiles

Flashaholic

If you later have additional delrin units, I would buy one or two of them. Send me a PM if you do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will

mahoney

Enlightened

Bump. The brass one is still available and with a small additional price drop, now $28 shipped.

stringj

Newly Enlightened

I would also buy two if you make any more of the delrin units.
Jerry

mahoney

Enlightened

One last /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif

The nice shiny brass ring is still available with a final price drop to $25. I won't be making any more in brass, it was much harder than making the Delrin ones. As for more Delrin ones, if I get some "spare time", I might make a few more.

stringj

Newly Enlightened

While I am still interested in some Delrin ones, if you still have the brass one, I'll take it. Please PM or email me as to what payment method you prefer.
Jerry