Ever had problems with Peli M6 tailcap?

Who wants a dimer light?

• Total voters

HEK_Hamburg

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

some months ago I bought my little brother a Peli M6 light becuz he loves my SureFire duty lights.

Now the tailcap of the light does not work anymore.
Two officers of my squad have exactly the same problems with their lights.

I think thats a major problem for these Peli lights.
And I really wonder, if anybody else has problems with these tailcaps.

Best wishes,
Metin

Greg

Newly Enlightened
Maybe it's because I have kept mine in my pocket all the time, but the switch seems to stick and I can't get a steady beam without flickering when pushing down on the tailcap, however, if I put my PM6 LED clicky on it, it works just great, so I guess it must be the tailcap.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
This is the one real weakness of the PM6. I have owned six of them and sooner or later most of the tailcaps have proven unreliable or at least inconsistant. The after-market clickies are OK but I found that they varied in effectiveness from one unit to another. The best fix is to substitute a PM6 LED clicky as Greg has done though it's an expensive way to get a reliable (though perhaps overly sensitive) switch.

I've never understood how the same design team that created this otherwise excellent light could come up with such a "Rube Goldberg" tail switch.

Brightnorm

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Anyone know of a source for Pelican clickie switches? Direct from Pelican? Maybe I'll shoot them an email.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brightnorm,
I don't doubt that the M6 xenon's original switch left much to be desired. But as I point out in my current thread on the M6 xenon's new clickie switch, the M6 xenon now comes with a clickie--at least when you buy it from Batterystation. I'd love to hear from anyone who can compare the clickie in the M6 xenon with the clickie in the M6 LED. Are they identical? If not, how do they differ?

matthewdanger

Enlightened
I have sent an email to Pelican to see if the clickies are available direct from them. We'll see what comes of it.

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Update: Pelican sent me a replacement tail cap without me asking! We'll see if it's a clickie. Pelican's service is top-notch!

matthewdanger

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
HEK_Hamburg said:
Im kinda shocked to see that 9 of 17 members know problems with the Peli tailcaps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose that is why Pelican is switching to the clickies.