Surefire L6 Porcupine "Pork Killer"

Turd_Ferguson

Enlightened
With a name like "Pork Killer", it's got to be good. Well, I don't know where it got that name but it was enough to make me want one. So I emailed Korea and had them send one over lickity split (only 500 made, ya know). I'm still amazed at the internet (of course, I'm amazed at Jet Airliners too).

Anyway, it comes in a plain brown wrapper with not much fanfare. The official name is L6 special Porcupine (but we all know it's a Pork Killer).
PK1.jpg

Opening the box reveals well a plain plastic wrapper.
PK3.jpg

PK4.jpg

PK5.jpg

PK6.jpg

The knurling is extremely aggressive. Feels like you're holding a small hand grenade only sharper. Weight is not really an issue because, hey, if you order one of these it ain't 'cause you're EDCin' it. The tailcap is standard SW02 issue. The head has the stainless steel impact device which is quite aggressive.
PK8.jpg

PK9.jpg

PK10.jpg

PK15.jpg

One of the things I was curious about was whether or not these had a killer 5 watter in them. Well, this is certainly the whitest L6 head I've experienced so far and it's quite bright. Whether it's brighter than my other L6 heads I'll have to put them in front of my light meter and see what happens. Here's a beam shot which appears tinted but it's really quite white to the naked eye. You can see what affect the strike bezel has on the corona.

Well, not much of a review but at least you all know they really do exist and there is a least one in country. I'm happy with it. It's just a really cool L6 and not something you would expect even as a special run from Surefire. Way to go Paul Kim! It's a fun concept and one I'm hoping Surefire continues in the future. :thumbsup:
PK12.jpg

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
It is a true work of art if there ever was one in the flashlight world.
More than just a light.

L6Porcupine043small.jpg

L6Porcupinesmall.jpg

L6Porcupine280small.jpg

bernie

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, how much and where from? Links? Email address of the company you got it from?

Edit: Ok, found the link. But, how much? Please do not say $700.

Last edited:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks like a pineapple! Looks different from other pictures. Interesting tapered form!

IIRC they go for around $600 USD.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
That Flashlight looks so well engineered and crafted it truly is a piece of art! As I mentioned on another thread it could, in my opinion, pass as a Star Wars Lightsaber. Congratulations Turd on owning such a fine light!

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats indeed. Wow, that thing looks awesome. I'd have that sitting on my shelf right next to a Lumaray (another incredibly cool looking light that I do not yet own).

cy

Flashaholic
Product :L6 Porcupine LED Flashlight
Product No :L6-P
Desctiption:Limited Version!!!
*Max Output : 65 lumens
*Runtime : 90 minutes
*Batteries : 123A Lithium x 3
*Click tailcap
*Construction : Aerospace-grade aluminum
*Length : 235mm
*Weight : 350g
*Finish : Type III Hard-Anodized
*Color : OD Green
IN STOCK!!
Price :USD 600.00

http://www.thunder-sports.com.tw/en/Product/NewProduct.asp

nethiker

Enlightened
Congrats on a really cool looking light Turd. :rock:

I personally would have a hard time standing infront of a charging boar with a handgun. My hat's off to anyone willing to do it with a flashlight. :grin2:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
PK's site might explain how it got its name - there are photos of PK shooting a pig, then skinning and dressing it. And the L6 is featured together with some captions. It might be in Korea, too (guessing from the context of the pictures) - a limited light specially commissioned for that event? As VP of Engineering he can get Certain Things Done from time to to time :thumbsup:

That you got a light with the PK crest on it is AWESOME, too!! Wish my limited edition A2 had that! (yes, the fanboy is speaking..)