Nitecore LR70 (Flashlight/Lantern/Powerbank, USB-C, HICRI)

Budda

Enlightened
I received the LR70 from Nitecore for the review.

The LR70 is a hybrid flashlight lantern, with an integrated battery USB-C rechargeable that can also function as a powerbank (10'000mAh).

The LR70 comes in this box.

Nitecore_LR70_01.jpg

Nitecore_LR70_02.jpg

LR70, manual, USB-A USB-C cable, USB-C USB-C cable.

Nitecore_LR70_03.jpg

Nitecore_LR70_04.jpg

Nitecore_LR70_05.jpg

The LR70 is composed by a translucent plastic body, that holds the battery and 3 series of NW HiICRI LEDs, one on each side. There's also a red LED on each stripe of LEDs. The light measures 113mm x 60mm x 34mm, weighting in at 271g

Nitecore_LR70_11.jpg

Nitecore_LR70_12.jpg

The metallic head, that has the 2 buttons, the USB-C port and the 2 SST-40 LEDs. The 2 buttons are electronic, and are placed one on the short side of the head (to control the flashlight LEDs, like you would in any regular light), the other on the wider part of the head (to control the lantern LEDs). They are different in size, and shape. They protrude slightly from the body, so are easy to find with the hand in the dark.

Nitecore_LR70_06.jpg

Nitecore_LR70_10.jpg

Nitecore_LR70_07.jpg

The head has a foldable metallic D-ring to hang the flashlight

Nitecore_LR70_08.jpg

Nitecore_LR70_09.jpg

The 2 SST40 emitters, under tir optics

Nitecore_LR70_13.jpg

The USB-C port is protected with a rubber cover port. The USB-C port allows the LR70 to function as a powerbank, with a rather quick 18W charging capability (Output: 5V⎓3A / 9V⎓2A /12V⎓1.5A), and also a Low current mode (to charge devices with small battery capacity).

Nitecore_LR70_14.jpg

UI

Nitecore_LR70_15.jpg

Beamshots

Nitecore_LR70_16.jpg

Nitecore_LR70_17.jpg

Nitecore_LR70_18.jpg

Nitecore_LR70_19.jpg

Runtime

Nitecore_LR70_24.jpg

Nitecore_LR70_25.jpg

Nitecore_LR70_26.jpg

Nitecore_LR70_27.jpg

Budda

Enlightened
My thoughts

The light is well built and finished.

I like the concept of the light. The ergonomic works, the LR70 is easy to use as a regular flashlight, with the body with a lot of grooves and an ergonomic shape to better fit the hand.

The regulation is fine, considering that the light has very little metal to dissipate the heat.

I found that on some levels the runtime is even superior to the declared specs.

The lantern function works fine, although there are not LEDs on the small sides of the body, making the light diffusion not completely even at short distances, but in practice it works fine.

In this pictures the effect is exaggerated because they are very under exposed, but just to give you an idea

I like the idea of a multi purpose lamp, that can be used as a flashlight as well as a lantern. The USB-C powerbank is a nice addition.