Old, used, and/or abused Surefire Lights…lets see ‘em!

TacmedRN

Newly Enlightened
My dad scoffed when I told him how much I paid for my Surefire Aviator LED flashlight. He just couldn't believe I would spend over $200 on a light that "will die within a few years." Mind you, he's used to cheap plastic flashlights and Maglite is premium, in his eyes.

So let's show him just how tough these lights are! Let's see your used, abused, and/or old Surefires that are still lighting your way today!

ebuchner

Newly Enlightened
I have a first generation incan/LED hybrid A2 aviator that I got around 2003-2004. It did about 12 years of nearly daily pocket carry + plenty of use outdoors in all weather. It's got plenty of scuffs around the bezel and body, but otherwise never failed me. The one problem I had was tearing the rubber switch boot after the first 12 years. Surefire just sent me a replacement tailcap with no fuss and it's back to being perfectly functional.

Attachments

• IMG_20240518_025941400_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240518_025941400_HDR.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 37

ebuchner

Newly Enlightened

Attachments

• hellfire user.jpg
    hellfire user.jpg
    453.1 KB · Views: 36

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been dropped a few times, the head is no longer quite round but the polycarbonate glass is still great at keeping water out, reminiscent of those wrinkled SF from the old catalogs. I don't remember what year it was, 320 lm version

Attachments

• IMG_9034.JPG
    IMG_9034.JPG
    272.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9035.JPG
    IMG_9035.JPG
    209.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9036.JPG
    IMG_9036.JPG
    226.6 KB · Views: 20

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was being a **** and trashed the insides of a 9P tailcap to install a McClicky. It would be nice if I had some excuse for stupidity like maybe I had been drinking but I was sober or that I didn't have access to tools but I could have gotten use of them at the shop the next morning.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was being a **** and trashed the insides of a 9P tailcap to install a McClicky. It would be nice if I had some excuse for stupidity like maybe I had been drinking but I was sober or that I didn't have access to tools but I could have gotten use of them at the shop the next morning.
Well, in the end McClicky was installed? :)

rrego

Enlightened
It's been dropped a few times, the head is no longer quite round but the polycarbonate glass is still great at keeping water out, reminiscent of those wrinkled SF from the old catalogs. I don't remember what year it was, 320 lm version
That's the nice one, right? The "Nichia" version. I have a 6PX Defender, Z2X, and Fire Rescue G2X-OR with the "Nichia" LED. Those are my favorites of my X lights.

rrego

Enlightened
I have a first generation incan/LED hybrid A2 aviator that I got around 2003-2004. It did about 12 years of nearly daily pocket carry + plenty of use outdoors in all weather. It's got plenty of scuffs around the bezel and body, but otherwise never failed me. The one problem I had was tearing the rubber switch boot after the first 12 years. Surefire just sent me a replacement tailcap with no fuss and it's back to being perfectly functional.
Had an A2 four flats that was a user that I picked up from the bay. Had to send in to Surefire to get it fixed (electronic bits at the front of the light loosened up and needed to be looked at). Surefire replaced it with a mint condition A2 round body and the replacement light was no longer a user 😆

I really liked that the original light was used and dinged up, made me not worry about messing it up more.

Last edited:

rrego

Enlightened
This used to be a Surefire Winelight. Its now on its 4th switch cover and obviously has no color left except a faint tint on the bezel.
View attachment 62353

You might want to check out this thread, Im sure there are plenty of Surefire's in it. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/show-your-beat-up-light.120599/
Seen this light over the years. Hard to believe that was a Winelight! Those are rare and coveted, right? But awesome that it's been used to hell and back and the anodizing is gone 😆

Latest posts